Delray Beach - R1T - Rivian Blue, Black interior, off road tires
Sponsored

Sponsored

Hmp10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla Model S P90D; 2018 Honda Odyssey
I'm taking delivery of a Lucid Air Dream Edition in April/May but am seriously considering also going forward with my Rivian R1S launch edition reservation (since Feb 2019).

Does anyone know whether/where/when Florida reservation holders will be able to see and sit in the vehicle before purchase? Miami was on the list of cities for a show tour, but Rivian has canceled the tour due to Covid-19. I've seen nothing further.

Lucid has already opened Design Studios in Miami and West Palm Beach, and I've been to both to check out and sit in cars at each. I see Rivian doesn't yet have any Florida showrooms in their published plans.

OP
OP
jimcgov3

jimcgov3

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Jacksonville, Florida // Satellite Beach, FL
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model S 75, Rivian R1T Owner
Clubs

I'm taking delivery of a Lucid Air Dream Edition in April/May but am seriously considering also going forward with my Rivian R1S launch edition reservation (since Feb 2019).

Does anyone know whether/where/when Florida reservation holders will be able to see and sit in the vehicle before purchase? Miami was on the list of cities for a show tour, but Rivian has canceled the tour due to Covid-19. I've seen nothing further.

Lucid has already opened Design Studios in Miami and West Palm Beach, and I've been to both to check out and sit in cars at each. I see Rivian doesn't yet have any Florida showrooms in their published plans.
Nothing official but it has to be soon!! They are currently hiring a Service Manager in Miami. Speculation has it that there is going to be a Retail location in Miami, but NOTHING concrete from RIvian as of yet...

LeDough

First Name
Dan and Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F-150 FX4, 2000 S2000, 2020 X3 xDrive30e
Occupation
Food Truck Owners
LE Green R1T hopefully coming to Pensacola soon. We are in the 4,000's on the pre-order list I believe, just found this thread!

dixosw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Orlando area. Put a reservation down on a Limestone R1T two days ago. But might switch to the R1S. And might switch color. And wheels. And trim. Argh, I can't decide, just know I want one! Obviously, missed launch edition but happy to wait a bit for any wrinkles to be ironed out. Can't wait to see one in the flesh. Excited.

_evtrk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'89 Trans Am GTA, '22 Rivian R1T, Pre-order '26 R2
Occupation
General Manager - Retail & Service
Clubs

Miami Lakes, FL - R1T - Reserved 08/2019

Sponsored

LeDough

First Name
Dan and Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F-150 FX4, 2000 S2000, 2020 X3 xDrive30e
Occupation
Food Truck Owners
LE Green R1T hopefully coming to Pensacola soon. We are in the 4,000's on the pre-order list I believe, just found this thread!
How do I get/add a PCola tag to the thread? Just trying to represent us over here in the central time zone :)

Hmp10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla Model S P90D; 2018 Honda Odyssey
Here is the current map of Electrify America locations. It looks very similar in terms of distribution to a Tesla supercharger map.

Rivian R1T R1S Florida Pre-orders Screen Shot 2021-02-21 at 9.03.51 AM

Florida has a heavy concentration of charging stations, which tracks the fact that Florida has a high concentration of EV owners -- fourth among all the states, with the highest growth rate in EV penetration.

Also, Florida ranks 3rd among the 50 states in the number of registered pickup trucks. When it comes to SUV registration by state, I can't find those numbers, but Naples, FL is 8th on the list of percentage of SUV registration by city. (The first seven cities are in Colorado, Texas, Georgia, and South Carolina.)

These indicia would suggest Florida is a very lucrative potential market for Rivian. I'm perplexed as to why Rivian did not include Florida on its list of showrooms to open first. The first two Design Studios Lucid Motors opened outside of California were in Florida, and they are getting heavy traffic.

elas9000

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Mercedes SLC & 2019 Mercedes GLA
Stuart FL R1T Adventure Package 300+ mile range LA Silver Jan 1 2021
Sponsored