Sponsored

Rockstar2020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T pre-order, Ford Expedition, Dodge Hellcat
So far we have Naples, Jax, Tally, Port Orange, Orlando...I am actually surprised there are none in the Miami or Tampa area, and single reservation holders in each of these areas at that...Although could just mean that those in our areas and others just aren't forum visitors...which is a shame.
It is surprising but I would guess there are orders from those areas and they just don't know or care about internet forums.
Sponsored

Reactions: Rad

Lmirafuente

First Name
Lionel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla, Audi Cabriolet
Orlando area here and I just put a deposit on the R1T. Looking to replace my 2017 Tesla Model X P90. I have some issues with the Tesla and was looking to get both a pickup and a sports car. The R1T will fill both requirements! ( 0-60 in 3 seconds) I just hope some more DC chargers go up around Orange County..
When I was at the Overland West Expo and talked with RJ he gave us a great bit of info on charging stations. He asked us if we knew how many gas stations there are in the USA. We clearly did not know and thought in the millions, but actually there are only 168,000. He also asked how long do you think it takes to get a new gas station built---It takes three years! Guess how long it takes to get a charging station up? --- It takes one month.

You should also know that all Chevron gas stations will be outfitted with EV Charging stations. The first prototypes are already working here in California. ( https://electrek.co/2019/05/20/chevron-ev-charging-gas-stations/ ). The link I provided also indicates that other oil companies are seeing the writing on the walls for change. We are in the midst of the fourth industrial revolution--yes it is a thing. EV's are here to stay.

Hopefully this eases your mind on EV Charging stations...RJ was not worried about how and where to charge the Rivian's, hence their focus of using the available networks that are out there already.

Novo-caine

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi SQ5 and allroad
So far we have Naples, Jax, Tally, Port Orange, Orlando...I am actually surprised there are none in the Miami or Tampa area, and single reservation holders in each of these areas at that...Although could just mean that those in our areas and others just aren't forum visitors...which is a shame.
I’ve got a pre order for an R1T but my wife prefers the R1S so will probably switch. We live in Indialantic Fl a small beach town on the space coast near where Rivian started. We also went to the NY auto show and were really impressed. As for charging stations near us I’ve been keeping an eye on it for the last several months and there are very few on the barrier island however most of the new ones I see popping up on PlugShare are at Walmart’s and Dunkin Donuts especially along I 95. So, although the infrastructure is not there yet it will suffice for one of our frequent road trips which is to visit my folks in Miami.
Just curious but any other fellow Floridians adding solar to your homes and if so who do you recommend?

OP
OP
jimcgov3

jimcgov3

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Jacksonville, Florida // Satellite Beach, FL
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model S 75, Rivian R1T Owner
Clubs

I’ve got a pre order for an R1T but my wife prefers the R1S so will probably switch. We live in Indialantic Fl a small beach town on the space coast near where Rivian started. We also went to the NY auto show and were really impressed. As for charging stations near us I’ve been keeping an eye on it for the last several months and there are very few on the barrier island however most of the new ones I see popping up on PlugShare are at Walmart’s and Dunkin Donuts especially along I 95. So, although the infrastructure is not there yet it will suffice for one of our frequent road trips which is to visit my folks in Miami.
Just curious but any other fellow Floridians adding solar to your homes and if so who do you recommend?
Awesome! I grew up in Satellite Beach and Melbourne and go there often as my folks still love there in SB so I know exactly where you are at. Love it. Yeah. Pelican Beach park, Satellite Beach City Hall and I believe the Lutheran church near you all have charging stations.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Novo-caine

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi SQ5 and allroad
Awesome! I grew up in Satellite Beach and Melbourne and go there often as my folks still love there in SB so I know exactly where you are at. Love it. Yeah. Pelican Beach park, Satellite Beach City Hall and I believe the Lutheran church bear you all have charging stations.
Awesome! Small world Jimmy! We live just south of paradise beach. Good to know that the Lutheran church has the charging stations, I know exactly where that is!

OP
OP
jimcgov3

jimcgov3

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Jacksonville, Florida // Satellite Beach, FL
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model S 75, Rivian R1T Owner
Clubs

I was talking to some contractors that are working on the new Doubles on A1A and Satellite Beach is supposedly mandating that they install solar and EV stations. I guess it's part of Satellite's green initiative. The only downside of coastal living is there isn't much real estate that isn't protected, condos, or subdivisions. I'm hoping the Wawa on Wickham and Pineda near 95 adds some stations as well as the Wawa at Eau Hallie and Wickham and 192... If not all, at least 1of the 3... Good gas station food and coffee and quick access.

BlindPass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Insight
I recently moved to Tampa and have a R1S preorder. Growing up with ICE SUVs like Land Rover Discovery but driving my wife’s Tesla S, the R1S had my heart at first glance.

Fun times watching the transportation industry finally be driven by Tech.

Lmirafuente

First Name
Lionel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla, Audi Cabriolet
I agree with you and even though the other large auto maker in the USA are really just starting with their EVs, Rivian's appeal for me is that they started from scratch. When you look at the Chevy Bolt or Ford CMAX you really see a the ICS influences in the car and they are more focused on economical selling points..

Sponsored

Joel

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo
I agree with you and even though the other large auto maker in the USA are really just starting with their EVs, Rivian's appeal for me is that they started from scratch. When you look at the Chevy Bolt or Ford CMAX you really see a the ICS influences in the car and they are more focused on economical selling points..
I think you see that even more with the Audi E-Tron. It has a 200 mile range and you have to order currently no dealer will have one to test drive. The front trunk is tiny from what I have found online as well.

As a business owner in the construction industry I would love a work van with range. All the current or soon to be released are all around 100 mile range.

Lmirafuente

First Name
Lionel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla, Audi Cabriolet
I think you see that even more with the Audi E-Tron. It has a 200 mile range and you have to order currently no dealer will have one to test drive. The front trunk is tiny from what I have found online as well.

As a business owner in the construction industry I would love a work van with range. All the current or soon to be released are all around 100 mile range.
Totally agree Joel...I am in it for the distance too for a different industry from construction.

I test drove the Jaguar iPace and there really is not front trunk and the rear area has no storage too. I cannot put one set of golf clubs let alone two sets without collapsing the rear seats, but when you do that, you lose the security of your contents. The interior was all Audi (very nice) and fun to drive, but it had a lot of torque steer--Charles Sandereson of Rivian told me at the Overland West Expo that we would not experience that with the Rivian and he went to explaining technically but I did not comprehend what he was saying. Charles came from McLaren and he is the VP of Development and Integration.

I hope the R1S or R1T will work for you. Rivian is said to have five models by 2025.

Joel

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo
Totally agree Joel...I am in it for the distance too for a different industry from construction.

I test drove the Jaguar iPace and there really is not front trunk and the rear area has no storage too. I cannot put one set of golf clubs let alone two sets without collapsing the rear seats, but when you do that, you lose the security of your contents. The interior was all Audi (very nice) and fun to drive, but it had a lot of torque steer--Charles Sandereson of Rivian told me at the Overland West Expo that we would not experience that with the Rivian and he went to explaining technically but I did not comprehend what he was saying. Charles came from McLaren and he is the VP of Development and Integration.

I hope the R1S or R1T will work for you. Rivian is said to have five models by 2025.
I have also looked at the Atlis Truck, but that is a different bev. Subscription model has my interest peaked a bit. It might be something we end up with as a full-size work truck or box option at they state you can remove the bed. But my primary vehicle will be the R1T.

TN2NFL80

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus RX 450 Hybrid F-Sport
Just received the notice yesterday about the ATL event so looking out for the date and details. I’ll most likely attend.
Sponsored