Sponsored

First magicdock Supercharger in AZ

CaseyH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, Polestar 2 LRDM, Model Y Long Range
Was randomly checking the tesla supercharger interactive map a few days ago and applied the "open to non-tesla" filter and was surprised to see there was one in Arizona now. The location is not great (Middle of Glendale: 5849 W Northern Ave, Glendale, AZ 85301) but it is only 30 minutes from me so I drove over to check it out. It worked just fine. Selected the stall number in the app, tapped button in the app, connected cable, and it just started charging at 153kwh. Price is a bit step IMO (0.47/kw) and they offer a "Membership" plan for 12.99/mnth that would have dropped the price to 0.35/kw. Also to note, there is only one stall at this location a Rivian could use and not block another; curious how they plan to address this when they more widely open superchargers with the NACs adapters next year.

Rivian R1T R1S First magicdock Supercharger in AZ Screenshot 2023-12-26 223858

Rivian R1T R1S First magicdock Supercharger in AZ Screenshot 2023-12-26 223816
Rivian R1T R1S First magicdock Supercharger in AZ Screenshot 2023-12-26 223841
Rivian R1T R1S First magicdock Supercharger in AZ Screenshot 2023-12-26 224047
Sponsored

KrakenLand425

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Forest Green (2023); Jeep 4xe; Audi eTron
Occupation
Owner/Managing Partner of a Technical Sales Company
Clubs

A nice additional tool in the charging quiver. Personally, for now, I think they are working out great, just not rolling out conversions fast enough. So far the ones that I ave used in WA state have never seen more than 20% Tesla occupancy while charging. You paying a premium…IMO park and charge as needed. Be nice to those who are frustrated they are opening up to other manufacturers because they will get more crowded over time.

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Nice. Tesla did say that they are putting magic docks at stations that are underutilized. I wish they would do more but we probably have to wait until next year to get access to a lot of the stations.

And I doubt Elon is going to do anything about the short charging cords. It’s just something we are going to have to deal with until the stations get updated. Plus Elon seems to like drama and conflict so I’m sure he will enjoy all the YouTube videos of people fighting over his charging network.
Sponsored