First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Jacksonville, Florida // Satellite Beach, FL
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model S 75, Rivian R1T Owner
Clubs

Looking at all the sharp edges on the dashboard, I think they have already decided not to worry too much about people who don't use seatbelt.
Regardless of a seatbelt though, the airbag is going to keep faces from contacting those sharp corners of the dash. There is no airbag on the back of the front seat.
Sponsored

Hmp10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla Model S P90D; 2018 Honda Odyssey
I was being tongue-in-cheek about the dashboard, but don't the rear airbags in the B-pillar deploy between the rear-seat passengers and the back of the front seats? (I'm hoping so, as Teslas have hard shell seat backs.) Also, I wonder if the front airbags will be wired not to deploy if the seat belt is not in use. I've seen studies that show airbags increase injuries to unrestrained passengers, as they submarine under them, and I've read that some cars have programmed airbags either not to deploy or to deploy differently if seat belts are not fastened.

I'm just curious. I actually agree that the USB ports in the back of the front seats is not the best placement.

Last edited:

broyo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Tesla Model Y, 2023 Rivian R1S
While it's not in the best spot, the rear climate control screen looks to be of sufficient size for video. If they just offer wireless headphones (or even jacks) like other RES solutions, I'd be fine with the kids looking down at the little screen. Probably no more uncomfortable than looking up at the little screen in the ceiling of my Pilot.

Sponsored

Jehorton

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Firefighter/Paramedic
@iliadz an adapter would work in that case. Very cheap way around that issue.

iliadz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota
Occupation
Engineer
@iliadz an adapter would work in that case. Very cheap way around that issue.
Exactly. Cheap. THat's the problem. I use adapters already for my Mac. They look cheap, don't always stay plugged in well, and it's annoying. A modular system that could be swapped out would look elegant.

Jehorton

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Firefighter/Paramedic
Exactly. Cheap. THat's the problem. I use adapters already for my Mac. They look cheap, don't always stay plugged in well, and it's annoying. A modular system that could be swapped out would look elegant.
I meant like an adapter cord connection. And cheaper than buying a whole new unit. There’s bound to be good options as to not have “cheap” quality issues.
Sponsored