Motinindy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 KIA Telluride
Clubs

After a small accident the resulted in a 100+ day stay in the body shop and a $35K repair bill I filed a diminished value claim against the at fault driver's insurance company. The body shop recommended Mark Olson, Future Forensics in Seattle WA to do the assessment. The assessment charge was $490 and Mark sent me his professional evaluation which I submitted to the at fault insurance company. His number was over $25K, Geico offered almost exactly half of that amount. I am apparently a lousy negotiator as I picked a number in between the two and Geico quickly agreed and sent out a check. I live in Indiana and not all states allow diminished value claims, that being said if you find yourself in a state that allows such claims I would recommend Mark Olson (206) 362-2835.

Yes the body shop did a fantastic job and I challenge anyone to find any evidence that my R1S had ever been in an accident, other than looking at a CarFax report. Not sure how it works, or if it's fair but if you find yourself in a similar situation it was a pleasant reward for going through the hassle of being in an accident.
Sponsored