Sponsored

Did the first VT RAN really just (silently) open today?? Brattleboro is showing as being up and running in the app!

onesoil

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2002 Audi B5 S4 Wagon
Occupation
Director of Operations at Vermont Compost Company
I hadn’t heard anything about a Brattleboro RAN until a couple days ago on a thread about the West Lebanon RAN (soooo glad I’ll never have to wait at that terrible EA station ever again).

I went in the app this morning to try to plan a backup charging route to Cape Cod if my A2Z adapter doesn’t show up in time for a trip there next weekend.

And then I noticed the Brattleboro RAN showing as live (6/6 chargers ready to go!).

Can anyone confirm if this is really the case? I’m surprised I’ve barely heard mention of it. This won’t help me for a trip to the Cape, but it sure is convenient for NYC. I’ve heard a few people excitedly stating that they are looking forward to using the Brattleboro Supercharger when they get their adapter, but it’s a mixed Gen 2/Gen 3, so that won’t be an option—but who knew the first RAN in our state was on the brink of going live? Keep up the RAN expansion Rivian! How about Burlington next? Or Waterbury?

Rivian R1T R1S Did the first VT RAN really just (silently) open today?? Brattleboro is showing as being up and running in the app! IMG_1021
Sponsored

av8or

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Jeep Wrangler, 2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
FedEx Retired
Clubs

Certainly looks like it.

not_a_car_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Perf Dual Motor
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

I'm excited for this one! We usually stop in Brattleboro on the way to and from Stratton to ski anyway. We've generally used an L2 charger on the mountain to fill up while skiing, but I'm not sure we can always count on getting there early enough to snag one of those.

It's in a part of Brattleboro I'm not familiar with. Is it safe to leave the car unattended there and are there restaurants nearby?

OP
OP
onesoil

onesoil

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2002 Audi B5 S4 Wagon
Occupation
Director of Operations at Vermont Compost Company
I'm excited for this one! We usually stop in Brattleboro on the way to and from Stratton to ski anyway. We've generally used an L2 charger on the mountain to fill up while skiing, but I'm not sure we can always count on getting there early enough to snag one of those.

It's in a part of Brattleboro I'm not familiar with. Is it safe to leave the car unattended there and are there restaurants nearby?
this is actually a more convenient spot than the Supercharger—right off Exit 1.

I stopped at a decent food truck that parks in the same parking lot, and there’s a store called Vermont Marketplace (or maybe it’s multiple stores? Almost like a Vermont craft mall or something? I don’t really remember).

I’m just excited because it’s a good distance from where I live when headed anywhere down 91 for me, and the lack of charging on that corridor with the older Superchargers and lack of CCS makes this one a really needed stop for trips to the City. Let’s go RAN!

I’m just surprised they didn’t even email VT owners or anything to get some excitement going—we sure could use any/all good DCFC charging news in our state!

Rivian R1T R1S Did the first VT RAN really just (silently) open today?? Brattleboro is showing as being up and running in the app! 1714690927516-o1

PeterSK

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 FG/FE R1S, 2020 Model Y
Occupation
Retired / board director
Clubs

Is anywhere in Vermont unsafe? 😀

It’s on a commercial strip next to an interstate exit - gas stations, fast food, supermarkets, etc. I’ve charged my Tesla at the Supercharger just a bit further down the street, on the other side.
Sponsored