Sponsored

CyberTruck is more than Stainless Steel...Tesla excels at Engineering in so many ways.

Stickboy46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T FG/FE 20" AT Dark
Obviously, things could get overlooked but there is a chance things pop out after leaving the factor. ie. they were close but not quite all the pushed-in for the clips to catch ... then a ride on a trailer on some of our bumpy highway or load/unload jolts ... made it pop back out.

Odd to me that one example can be extrapolated :) Surely there are never problems with any Rivians that leave the factory <grin>.
"one example" .. when most all of the cybertrucks shown so far have horrible alignment problems.
Sponsored

scottf200

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Past Ford Exped; curr TMX 100D; future BEV truck
Occupation
sw engineer
"one example" .. when most all of the cybertrucks shown so far have horrible alignment problems.
Are you talking early pre-production and MC vehicles? That doesn't seem realistic (aka cherry-picked). Hey, I'm fine with pointing out flaws in any manufacture but we should use common sense and realistic judgement not cherry picked. And yes, I'm a fan of Rivian built in my state and RJ.

The latest more 'production' ones from January have been pretty good from all reports and video.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Obviously, things could get overlooked but there is a chance things pop out after leaving the factor. ie. they were close but not quite all the pushed-in for the clips to catch ... then a ride on a trailer on some of our bumpy highway or load/unload jolts ... made it pop back out.

Odd to me that one example can be extrapolated :) Surely there are never problems with any Rivians that leave the factory <grin>.
I have not yet seen any Rivian with an entire side panel sticking out like that. Honestly it looks like the panel is warped, which I believe we will see more of because of their design choices.

And if all it took for that to happen was a “ride on a trailer on some of our bumpy roads”…..

I guess it’s good they are “bulletproof”? 🤷🏼‍♂️

Biturbowned

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘20 Model Y, ‘22 R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Hope the owner is happy I guess

DuoRivians

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, MY
I have not yet seen any Rivian with an entire side panel sticking out like that. Honestly it looks like the panel is warped, which I believe we will see more of because of their design choices.

And if all it took for that to happen was a “ride on a trailer on some of our bumpy roads”…..

I guess it’s good they are “bulletproof”? 🤷🏼‍♂️
Oil can effect + bad panels = winning twice

Sponsored

scottf200

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Past Ford Exped; curr TMX 100D; future BEV truck
Occupation
sw engineer
"registered" VINs -- so accuracy <> production

Not a real production ramp yet it seems just some slow testing and refining.

Is there a thread here with graphs on the early R1T ramping?

Rivian R1T R1S CyberTruck is more than Stainless Steel...Tesla excels at Engineering in so many ways. xtYV6sH

NOTE: not my charts. On the CT forum.

Last edited:

zymolysis

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T [RUS, PTC (upgraded), 20"] 2008 Ford E350
Occupation
third party service
Clubs

Windows that went from bullet proof to “rock resistant”
"Rock resistant" sounds pretty good to me. Replacing a $2000 windshield annually will be a huge expense for Rivians.
Sponsored