BrayBay

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Launch Edition R1S - Forest Green/Forest Edge
Clubs

I'm waiting for more R1S details. Based on the R1T specifications though, I would say it would probably end up being "not enough" cup holders.

One detail I don't like in many cars is that the middle seat needs to be folded down for rear passenger cup holders. Out of luck if multiple people all have drinks in their hands. I think cars should have at least the same amount of cup holders as the maximum number of people that will ride.

OP
OP
cwinters

cwinters

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pacifica Hybrid, R1S LE
I started that as a tongue in cheek reference to another thread, but in reality I do hope that they give us some details on that 3rd row soon.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
I started that as a tongue in cheek reference to another thread, but in reality I do hope that they give us some details on that 3rd row soon.
there are two in the third row.
Rivian R1T R1S Cupholders C3AEDE28-30B0-48F1-B693-FD9C573FD4D6

BrayBay

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Launch Edition R1S - Forest Green/Forest Edge
Clubs

there are two in the third row.
C3AEDE28-30B0-48F1-B693-FD9C573FD4D6.jpeg
I must have looked at the seat folding video a dozen times, and I never noticed! Thanks for pointing that out.

Sponsored

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

It clearly does not have enough beverage vessel retainer slots.

mgc0216

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, BMW R1200RT, BMW F800GS
Occupation
Software guy
Clubs

I got in my crosstrek today and wish I had never bought it. I never realized the absolute dearth of cupholders. One in each front door, two in the front center console. BUT, only two in the backseat and only if the middle is down.

Clearly Subaru doesn't want female customers and will be going bankrupt shortly!

AxelR

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Tesla Model 3 Performance, 23 Rivian R1S
Clubs

Just got our Raptor! First full size truck. Love ALL the cup holders. Only 3 of us in this big truck but our 3yo daughter car seat is in the middle (safest spot and she gets to look out front). She has 2 bottles, we got our Starbucks mall crawling drinks and water bottles and it all stays in one place even when blasting off-road.
Definitely wish the R1T will see some changes before we get ours but then again it’s a midsize truck and most of them are lacking cup holders.
Rivian R1T R1S Cupholders F0C374BC-BEBD-4006-B6F9-B162F0F50280

hed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3P, Raptor, Rivian Reservation 13##
Just got our Raptor! First full size truck. Love ALL the cup holders. Only 3 of us in this big truck but our 3yo daughter car seat is in the middle (safest spot and she gets to look out front). She has 2 bottles, we got our Starbucks mall crawling drinks and water bottles and it all stays in one place even when blasting off-road.
Definitely wish the R1T will see some changes before we get ours but then again it’s a midsize truck and most of them are lacking cup holders.
F0C374BC-BEBD-4006-B6F9-B162F0F50280.jpeg
We have a 2017 Raptor, I still appreciate all the cup holders and storage in that vehicle.

To me, good cup holders are almost a necessity rather than a luxury.

Based on what I have seen so far I am not sure how I feel about the ones in the RT1. That style of cup holder seldom seems to work well as compared to the kind in our Raptors. Maybe Rivian's do, I hope so.
Sponsored