First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (Launch Edition Preorder)
Occupation
Embedded Systems Engineer
Hey @Sgt Beavis - welcome! My wife hosted a baby shower over the weekend and I found out that the dad-to-be is a Rivian fan. He's more of a "I want to get one eventually" guy but he's a big fan and I told him about these forums. He's up in Weld County.

I forgot to update on Sunday about the site on Steele St. More of the same. Still the same basic HYDER CONSTRUCTION signs around no real visible progress on the outside. I wasn't able to get close enough to check interior progress.
Sponsored

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

Hey @Sgt Beavis - welcome! My wife hosted a baby shower over the weekend and I found out that the dad-to-be is a Rivian fan. He's more of a "I want to get one eventually" guy but he's a big fan and I told him about these forums. He's up in Weld County.

I forgot to update on Sunday about the site on Steele St. More of the same. Still the same basic HYDER CONSTRUCTION signs around no real visible progress on the outside. I wasn't able to get close enough to check interior progress.
I'm sure they'll finish (or be very close to finishing) by the end of the year.

I'm just trying to convince myself to pull the trigger. Getting my grubby hands on one would probably seal the deal. My alternative is an F150 Lightning.

electricRaptor

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Cloud Architect
Another Coloradan checking in. I'm out in Westminster, but the building I (sometimes) go to work in downtown has a ChargePoint station, which is sweet. I guess I'll go to work more often...

madams557

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Land Cruiser
I'm in Fort Collins, work occasionally in Boulder. I'm seriously considering a Rivian to replace my Land Cruiser, but not a current reservation holder. My hesitation is that I've never been an early adopter, never even been one to buy the first model year Land Cruiser (on my 5th one now); however, this is definitely a strong contender as a replacement vehicle. I really would like to see one in person before I pull the trigger.

PoorDick

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Karma, 2019 Colorado, 2022 C40 Recharge
Occupation
Retired
I live up in the Vail area and have been a deposit holder since Feb of 2020. Been driving a hybrid since 2012 (Fisker Karma), but only during the summer months, and a Chevy Colorado during the winter. Still no phone call, but was hoping to receive the R1T before the snow starts. At this point I'm simply hoping to have it before springtime...

Sponsored

Sieve29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Hi Everyone!

Just wanted to quickly introduce myself. December 2020 pre-order for an R1S, and live down near Castle Rock. Great info in the thread so far, and I look forward to following along.

opnwide

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S delivered 2/2023
Hello to all new CO posts...I'm a 7/19 R1S LE Westminster. Been on this forum for some time now...it can be a shit show, but it's all fun and informative. I'm curious if there are more orders for R1T in CO or R1S? I foresee a big dump of both delivered once that Steele St. locale is open. (Hoping I'll never have to visit that location for service...little or at all). This will be my first EV, and not the only Land Rover conversion I have garnered, after owning two. Tired of paying LR $140,000 over ownership for a $70,000 SUV. @electricRaptor I see you own a Raptor. Great frickiin Truck. Was on my list but for the "garageability". You replacing your '17 Raptor with the R1T or getting the R1S?

Swilly

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
A Little Bit of Everything
Clubs

Hello to all new CO posts...I'm a 7/19 R1S LE Westminster. Been on this forum for some time now...it can be a shit show, but it's all fun and informative. I'm curious if there are more orders for R1T in CO or R1S? I foresee a big dump of both delivered once that Steele St. locale is open. (Hoping I'll never have to visit that location for service...little or at all).
I’m an R1S preorder in Littleton. Was a little late on pulling the trigger, so a January 2021 order date. It will be replacing a 2001 LC with 300k. Can’t wait, but I guess I have to.

electricRaptor

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Cloud Architect
Hello to all new CO posts...I'm a 7/19 R1S LE Westminster. Been on this forum for some time now...it can be a shit show, but it's all fun and informative. I'm curious if there are more orders for R1T in CO or R1S? I foresee a big dump of both delivered once that Steele St. locale is open. (Hoping I'll never have to visit that location for service...little or at all). This will be my first EV, and not the only Land Rover conversion I have garnered, after owning two. Tired of paying LR $140,000 over ownership for a $70,000 SUV. @electricRaptor I see you own a Raptor. Great frickiin Truck. Was on my list but for the "garageability". You replacing your '17 Raptor with the R1T or getting the R1S?
Hello! Looks like we’re both Westminster. I agree, would prefer to just get mobile service up here rather than driving to the Steele St. location. As for garageability, I was happy to see it barely fit in my 2-car garage. It’s 5 inches shy of the entryway limit, and I still have about 5-7 inches of play front/back. And it’s a supercrew (4-door). So it fits quite normally!

My plan is to trade in the raptor for an R1T. I’m going to have an LR Defender 110 imported from Argentina next year, so that’ll be the toy when I want gears. ?

opnwide

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S delivered 2/2023
Hello! Looks like we’re both Westminster. I agree, would prefer to just get mobile service up here rather than driving to the Steele St. location. As for garageability, I was happy to see it barely fit in my 2-car garage. It’s 5 inches shy of the entryway limit, and I still have about 5-7 inches of play front/back. And it’s a supercrew (4-door). So it fits quite normally!

My plan is to trade in the raptor for an R1T. I’m going to have an LR Defender 110 imported from Argentina next year, so that’ll be the toy when I want gears. ?
Very Cool! Importing a Land Rover from Argentina sounds like a plan that can't fail. Lol!! Cheers!

Sponsored

electricRaptor

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Cloud Architect
Very Cool! Importing a Land Rover from Argentina sounds like a plan that can't fail. Lol!! Cheers!
I found a good DIY on how to export a 25+ year vehicle, and it seems straight forward! :CWL:

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs