Sponsored

Colorado Checking In

Evan S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FG R1T Adventure Trim, Quad Motor, BM/Ash, 20"
Clubs

Just wanted to introduce myself. New pre-order holder for a R1S. I am hoping to have it by the end of 2022 - fingers crossed. Is anyone aware of what classification the R1S will fall under for CO's EVtax credit. TIA.
Sponsored

svet-am

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (Launch Edition Preorder)
Occupation
Embedded Systems Engineer
Welcome fellow R1S pre-order! This is a good thread for Colorado specific stuff, especially updates on the Denver service center. Whereabouts are you?

Evan S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FG R1T Adventure Trim, Quad Motor, BM/Ash, 20"
Clubs

Welcome fellow R1S pre-order! This is a good thread for Colorado specific stuff, especially updates on the Denver service center. Whereabouts are you?
Near City Park in Denver, so I am pretty amped about the service center location. I'll be able to keep a very close eye on it as it progresses.

Swilly

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
A Little Bit of Everything
Clubs

Just wanted to introduce myself. New pre-order holder for a R1S. I am hoping to have it by the end of 2022 - fingers crossed. Is anyone aware of what classification the R1S will fall under for CO's EVtax credit. TIA.
I had this same question on classification for the credit. Colorado Dept. of Rev. told me it would be a light duty passenger vehicle, so $2500 if you get yours before 1/1/23, $2000 if later. Now could you get away with saying it’s a light duty truck on your taxes? Possibly. You could at least argue it’s not clear when you get caught.

Rhidan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Maybe we all need to hound Rivian to complete Colorado deliveries before Dec 31, 2021 when the Colorado EV tax credit drops another $1,500

edit: actually it already dropped on Jan 1, 2021, I just can’t read my years right

Sponsored

JKDU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Professor
I had this same question on classification for the credit. Colorado Dept. of Rev. told me it would be a light duty passenger vehicle, so $2500 if you get yours before 1/1/23, $2000 if later. Now could you get away with saying it’s a light duty truck on your taxes? Possibly. You could at least argue it’s not clear when you get caught.
It's a light duty truck because the weight is less than 10,000 lbs. Here is a link to the CO Energy Office that has some details (and a nice pic of R1T):

https://energyoffice.colorado.gov/zero-emission-vehicles/zero-emission-vehicle-tax-credits

You can click on the FYI Income 69 link on that page that has answers to FAQs, including truck classifications by weight.

Swilly

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
Clubs

It's a light duty truck because the weight is less than 10,000 lbs. Here is a link to the CO Energy Office that has some details (and a nice pic of R1T):

https://energyoffice.colorado.gov/zero-emission-vehicles/zero-emission-vehicle-tax-credits

You can click on the FYI Income 69 link on that page that has answers to FAQs, including truck classifications by weight.
Interesting. Completely different info than Dept of Revenue provided over the phone. Thanks for sharing. Hope the energy office shares that info with the dept in charge of taxes.

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'06 4Runner
Now that the owners guide came out, we can confirm the R1T has a GVWR of 8,532. The income69 guidance from the state () shows that vehicles with a GVWR of at least 8,500 lbs will be classified as light duty electric trucks, meaning we'll qualify for a tax credit of $3,500 instead of $2,500 - that's great news!!

TAZ

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE
While I was out killing bugs today, I ran into a Launch Green (my guess) R1T on 70.

Rivian R1T R1S Colorado Checking In tempImageyuM3dW

Last edited:

svet-am

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Man, I really wish I could see one in person. For some reason I am having size anxiety about the width and my garage. Length is fine but I am nervous about fitting it next to my wife’s car. I am sure it’s fine and it is just mind tricks of my own, vibe seeing one in person would be all it takes to make this worry go away

Sponsored

Swilly

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
Clubs

While I was out killing bugs today, I ran into a Launch Green (my guess) R1T on 70.

tempImageyuM3dW.png
Nice! Missed it by a couple hours on the way down the hill from the mountain house. I have my kids trained to look for them at this point. Still waiting for my first in person look.

TAZ

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE
Lets just say, it to took a little work to catch up to him going through traffic as he was heading west. We exchanged thumbs up and I got off of Idaho Springs, which he actually also got off and thought they'd be heading to Echo Lake. After a few miles we both passed a car but lost him after that. I waited a bit at the lake but they must of flipped around and headed back.

This is the first time seeing one in person, which I wasn't expecting today and here's a few thoughts. The truck looks more aggressive, nice wheel flares. Great mid size. Sitting low in my car I could see a bit of the suspension. I can see how it would be great off road, not much hanging down like traditional trucks. I'm also happy with the Launch Green color in person and glad I updated my config just yesterday to it.
Rivian R1T R1S Colorado Checking In IMG_1551

svet-am

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
As part of my regular check in, I dropped by the location on Steele Street when I was down there for breakfast this morning. Still no noticeable progress.

yizzung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T | Audi allroad
Occupation
Tech
Just checking in to say "hey". Currently splitting my time between San Francisco and Denver but eventually plan to phase out of CA. We're in central Denver (country club).

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

Hello, guess im late to the thread. May 2019 reservation for the R1S... Live in Erie.

If you have not seen it join the Facebook group..

https://www.facebook.com/groups/search/groups_home/?q=colorado rivian club
Won’t be joining the Facebook group since I don’t have a Facebook account but I am glad for the other locals. I am in Broomfield. We should get together once we all start to get our vehicles.

Hey neighbors. I'm in Erie as well.
I don't have a reservation yet, I'm still researching. I only wish I could get a closer look at one. I know the service center is under construction but do we know if there are plans for a retail location?
Sponsored