Sponsored

"click" sound when accelerating from hold

RIV206

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 R1S, '23 Model Y
Clubs

Never noticed this until today. While at a stop and vehicle in 'hold', as soon as I step on accelerator, I can hear an audible click when I assume the brakes are letting go. Never heard before until today and loud enough to be annoying. Anyone else heard this before?
Sponsored

shap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 45e, R1T
I had it from day 1, and it seems normal, you just did not mention this before.

rmalzo

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f1t
Occupation
Retired
I have it and scheduled to have “washer fix installed on axle half shafts” they say it is a known issue

R1Thor

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23QM R1T, Limestone + Ocean Coast, 21" & UBS
Occupation
Mechanical Engineering Lead
Clubs

I had service check it out. (I've had this since day 1 and I think it's gotten worse over time)

If it's a ..ping and it's one of your first accelerations (like pulling out of your garage/driveway), it's likely the brakes releasing from the calipers on a cold start.

Otherwise, it's 'typical' suspension noise. Or so I'm told. I've seen people claim half-shaft backlash and similar, but my senior service advisor told me my truck was 'perfect' in that regard. So, either it is, or he didn't feel like doing the work...!

OP
OP
RIV206

RIV206

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 R1S, '23 Model Y
Clubs

Interesting. I’ve never had it before in 8 months of owning it until now.

Sponsored

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
I have it and scheduled to have “washer fix installed on axle half shafts” they say it is a known issue
Does not fix the issue. Per experience

Shepard246

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

I've had this for a little bit (Picked up late Dec '23, don't recall it at pickup but I'm unsure) - have 2300 miles on it, and it's been driving me crazy. It really peaked my curiosity when the brake assist update came because I heard it EVERY time I let off the accelerator with it on, like the brakes are prepping to be used.

I just switched to rock climb mode a few minutes ago because I read you can disable hold mode in it(you can) and when I did that I couldn't hear/feel it. I'll bring it up if I ever need to bring it in but at this point since it appears (for me) to only be on brakes auto-applying I'm just going to chalk it up to a quirk unless it gets worse.
Sponsored