Sponsored

Charging from Orange County to Brian Head, UT

TeslaR1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
I'm planning on heading out to Brian Head shortly from OC. I want to charge at RANs if available and other CCSs that is not crowded. I plan to RAN at Barstow and LV, but would like to be fully charged before I hit BH. Anyone have any experience charging between LV and BH that could recommend a place? I do see there are a couple of CCSs near Walmart, but I have a feeling these would be crowded and I hate waiting to charge.
Sponsored

gelliman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia EV6
I've done the drive from LA to Salt Lake area a couple times in electric cars and have stopped at the Cedar City EA station both times. It's worked fine both times I went through, I think without a wait as well. There's no guarantee of not waiting though. Just part of the game right now -- not enough stations.

I've had mixed results with the one in St. George, but I think they've recently upgraded it and the more recent time I went through, it worked fine.

I haven’t stopped at the one in Mesquite, so can’t really speak to that.

The Barstow RAN works quite well from both times I stopped there. I've stopped at a few others as well and all the same experience, so I would expect the same from the Vegas one.

Hope that helps.

Sir Fluffy

First Name
Ari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

I'm planning on heading out to Brian Head shortly from OC. I want to charge at RANs if available and other CCSs that is not crowded. I plan to RAN at Barstow and LV, but would like to be fully charged before I hit BH. Anyone have any experience charging between LV and BH that could recommend a place? I do see there are a couple of CCSs near Walmart, but I have a feeling these would be crowded and I hate waiting to charge.
hey! were you able to pull this trip off? we’re looking at doing a nearly identical trip in a couple of weeks but are a little nervous with the lack of chargers in the southern utah area - hoping to do some road trips to zion and bryce from brian head but there doesn’t seem to be much of a charging infrastructure and so trying to figure out if this is actually feasible.
Sponsored