Car Wash Mode on App

foxerson

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'10 Outback, '11 328i, '23 R1T
I stopped by the car wash after work today to undo the mud and dust I added this weekend. I noticed for the first time the car wash mode status picture on the app and had to smile. Fun!

Rivian R1T R1S Car Wash Mode on App IMG_0910
Sponsored

ndmiller

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Incoming
Occupation
Retailler
Clubs

Neat, haven't washed mine since December pickup....it rains at least once a week.

KBabione

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S and other ICE
Occupation
Consultant
I think that came in either the September or November update...A fun addition, but I don't often look at the app when I'm in the car wash.

Now if I could only get the touchscreen to recognize my finger when I try to tap the "Click here for Neutral" button...

moosetags

First Name
SuEllyn & Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T; 2020 Chevy Duramax; 1956 Ford Tbird
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

That's fun. Opal got a spa treatment today. I'll have to remember to look at the phone app while she is in the car wash.

Brian

Johnandkim2

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram 1500
Occupation
Supervisor
I need a little more car wash mode education. So in a previous version of the software I could put my R1S in car wash mode from one of the main screens and then there was button for neutral immediately below on screen which was great and easy. Now it seems I have to slide the invisible left screen out, click on the upper right tab to show car wash mode tab, click top button again to be able to fold in mirrors and then use the drive stalk to put onto neutral. Is there an easier way?

Sponsored

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
Clubs

I haven't use car wash mode, but it's only had one wash, in neutral, in a standard conveyor tunnel wash. I also never used car wash mode on my Tesla. Is there really a reason to use it for a tunnel wash? The wording implies that it's for hand washing.

PeterSK

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 FG/FE R1S, 2020 Model Y
Occupation
Retired / board director
Clubs

I used it in a touchless wash the other day. No need for neutral, because the machine moves around you, but car wash mode keeps the charge port from opening (which it had earlier in the day when I splashed the capacitive touch area while hosing mud out of the wheel wells) and maybe some other things like auto wipers off?

KBabione

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S and other ICE
Occupation
Consultant
Where I have my unlimited monthly car wash, you're on a conveyor going through a 100-foot tunnel so I need to be in neutral. Car wash mode does, as I understand it, a couple of things...
  • Disables the charge port as mentioned above
  • Makes sure the handles are in
  • Makes sure the windows are up
With car wash mode on you'll have a button on the screen to put the vehicle in neutral - you don't need to use the stalk. You just need your foot on the brake and then tap the button and you get a little warning that the vehicle may roll in response. We've had Rosey since August and she probably goes through 4-5 times a month. My wife doesn't like to see any spots on the windows so I wipe the entire R1S down with a microfiber cloth after most washes. Goes pretty quickly and allows me a close inspection of the whole vehicle.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
Clubs

Just dropped it off for paint correction, and I will do ceramic this weekend. I gave them these instructions, and pointed out the how-to-key on the back of the card. They still called me to ask how to "start" it and move it.

Rivian R1T R1S Car Wash Mode on App Car-wash-mod

I'm not sure about the 10MPH thing. Someone said it on a post, but I couldn't find more info. In any case, wanted to be sure they know it could happen.

Sponsored

KBabione

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S and other ICE
Occupation
Consultant
Love the name!
Thanks! It's my wife's car and she named it after the Jetson's high-tech maid. Two things would make it perfect:
  • The custom PA license plate "ROSEY" is already taken - we'd love for that person to turn it in and make it available to us
  • Rivian would allow us to change the Alexa wake word to "Rosey"

Glembi2

First Name
Glembi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Genesis GV70, Civic, & Mazda3
Occupation
Patent attorney
Clubs

Thanks! It's my wife's car and she named it after the Jetson's high-tech maid. Two things would make it perfect:
  • The custom PA license plate "ROSEY" is already taken - we'd love for that person to turn it in and make it available to us
  • Rivian would allow us to change the Alexa wake word to "Rosey"
I forgot about Rosey in the Jetsons. I was thinking Rosey the Rivian based on Rosey the Riveter.

We cannot settle on a name for our R1S. Wife keeps calling it Watt-son but I keep changing the name (Watt-son -> Double Snow Seven-> Sherlock Ohms -> Ohms and Wattson -> Joules Vern -> Joules Vern’s Nautilus-> R1Sistor).