First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
I wonder how long it will be before we see a camptop for the R1S, it seems like a good candidate with the glass roof removed. It would solve the cabin heat issue as well.
Seems like an excellent adventure vehicle upgrade.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Paachi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Seconded. I would prefer if someone comes up with a composite or a carbon fiber one instead of Aluminum. Like Schmude has for the G-Wagons. IMHO it would give the R1S slightly better visual lines as well. The hearse like profile lines is the R1S is my only design gripe with the R1S. A camptop would make it 2 - 3 inches taller and balance it out IMHO

OP
OP
Epicloop

Epicloop

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Seconded. I would prefer if someone comes up with a composite or a carbon fiber one instead of Aluminum. Like Schmude has for the G-Wagons. IMHO it would give the R1S slightly better visual lines as well. The hearse like profile lines is the R1S is my only design gripe with the R1S. A camptop would make it 2 - 3 inches taller and balance it out IMHO
It's going to happen only a mater of time, 10x easier than the G-wagon mod.
I never thought the R1S even remotely resembled a hearse quite unlike the Yukon/Suburban/Escalade

Paachi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Even I didn’t think of it as a hearse until one day my wife pointed out that the glass height (distance from belt line to roof) wasn’t as tall as our erstwhile Range Rover. Now I can’t unsee it :)

also I think from a pure aesthetic standpoint it would have been great if Rivian chopped the rear angle (from the third brake light to the belt line) to be a bit more raked. Again akin to the Range Rover. Would have made it visually perfect for me. But I’m nitpicking of course.
Sponsored