First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
R&D
This is the first time I've had a failure after an OTA but the camera behind my rear view mirror (forward facing, used for drive cam, Driver+, Accident Avoidance) did not survive the OTA. Has anybody had this happen and found a way to revive the camera? I have tried Hard and Soft resets with no success. Also tried a sleep cycle, but that also didn't seem to help. Has anybody been successful in getting rolled BACK by using Support?

At this point Support is telling me that I have to send the truck (for the 4th time) to the Service Center in Bellevue but this time, unlike the past 3 times, I have to pay for transport to get the truck back.

Seth
Sponsored

Gdorff

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Audi RS5
Occupation
Business owner / CIO
Yup exact same issue here...

Right after the update I got these errors..

Driver+ disabled as well as adaptive high beams..

I've got a ticket in myself, scheduled for a service visit next month. I've reached out to Wassym on Reddit and his team has been looking into it. I'm on an early vin 14xx.

Rivian R1T R1S Camera fail with 2023.14.0 PXL_20230502_191425936
Rivian R1T R1S Camera fail with 2023.14.0 PXL_20230502_191432608

OP
OP

ipadl

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
R&D
Yep. Exactly like mine. My VIN is in the 20xx.

Keep me posted on what you find out. I'm hoping that there is another solution other than what is currently being requested. I've reached out to my guide to help with the logistics of the fix.

Gdorff

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Audi RS5
Occupation
Business owner / CIO
Yep. Exactly like mine. My VIN is in the 20xx.

Keep me posted on what you find out. I'm hoping that there is another solution other than what is currently being requested. I've reached out to my guide to help with the logistics of the fix.
Yup I just let him know that your vehicle is also running into this issue. Hopefully his team will find something. I send him the timestamps from my vehicle with photos and such.. his team found one issue with the wheel speed sensor.. but I'm not sure if it's related to this condition.

OP
OP

ipadl

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
R&D
Thank you. I'll pm you with my contact info in the event he wants to reach out.

Sponsored

suprteck

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Rivian R1T
Occupation
Mechanic
After the previous OTA update I lost GPS, LTE and wifi. I think Rivian needs to figure out how to not mess up our vehicles while doing an update. Maybe hook up a battery charger to the 12v battery while updating or something. Never had any issues with OTA updates with my Tesla. Makes me not want to do any OTA update’s anymore

Gdorff

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Audi RS5
Occupation
Business owner / CIO
After the previous OTA update I lost GPS, LTE and wifi. I think Rivian needs to figure out how to not mess up our vehicles while doing an update. Maybe hook up a battery charger to the 12v battery while updating or something. Never had any issues with OTA updates with my Tesla. Makes me not want to do any OTA update’s anymore
I def agree the OTA's should go a lot more smoothly.. strange that there's so many different results from people with basically the same hardware platform.

I do know there's hardware revision updates that have occurred since I took delivery (this camera was one) so I'm not surprised that got donked on my vehicle, but the from sensors at the same time lead me to believe it's another common module.

Hopefully Wassym's team can come up with something before I have to drop it off at the local service center..

Sponsored

Antonio

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T MB/BM, 2023 Tesla model X.
Occupation
MD
IMG_2738.jpeg

in the same boat
Got the same message yesterday. I thought it was a polite way my truck was asking me to give it a wash! I’ll have the check it out again tomorrow and see if the warning comes back up again.

Gdorff

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Audi RS5
Occupation
Business owner / CIO
Got the same message yesterday. I thought it was a polite way my truck was asking me to give it a wash! I’ll have the check it out again tomorrow and see if the warning comes back up again.
I found that it comes back as soon as you place the vehicle in gear unfortunately.

Restarts don't help.. hopefully we'll hear something positive back soon.

krockett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FJ Cruiser
Clubs

I opened up a ticket with Rivian service and they said I needed to come in to get it fixed.

F THAT! They broke it OTA, they better fix it OTA.

Gdorff

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Audi RS5
Occupation
Business owner / CIO
I opened up a ticket with Rivian service and they said I needed to come in to get it fixed.

F THAT! They broke it OTA, they better fix it OTA.
Yeah I haven't heard back from anyone in a couple days and my truck is scheduled to go in but no availability until middle of next month, very frustrating...

Gdorff

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Audi RS5
Occupation
Business owner / CIO
Just wanted to give everyone an update on this issue.

The root problem has been identified and a service plan is in development. Service teams will be reaching out to affected vehicles owners to have the problem corrected.

This was Wassym's direct response to me today.

"this has been a tricky issue, and the team has been able to finally root cause the issue to a wiring harness defect (that was uncovered with the intermittent behavior with the SW changes). This impacts 0.3% of the vehicles. Service team will be reaching out to the owners to arrange a repair. Thanks for reporting the issue."

So the issue appears to affect a small number of vehicles (yay for us lucky few)

And it's a fault within the wire harness that was identified with the recent software tweaks.

I have spoken with the Sacramento service centers teams and they're happy to receive this Intel however there is no official service bulletin yet and they like myself are very much hoping this is going to be a repairable issue with the harness vs a rip and replace situation.

If I get any more details I'll keep everyone posted.
Sponsored