SuEllyn & Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T; 2020 Chevy Duramax; 1956 Ford Tbird
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

As promised in the email, we finally got the call from Rivian asking if we wanted to change our order to get an earlier delivery date. We spoke to a Rivian Customer Service Representative named Anthony. He was very cordial and helpful. He told us that we could get an earlier delivery date if we wanted to change from an Explore Package to an Adventure Package. We currently have a delivery window of the first half of 2023. Anthony told us that if we changed to the Adventure Package, we could get a delivery date sometime in 2022, but he could not be more specific. Anthony also told us that are approximately 71,000 Rivian pre-orders.

We have decided to stay with our original order of the R1T with the Explore Package. Anthony told us that when they do start producing the Explore Package, we should be at the front end of the line with our very early order date (11/28/2018). This still puts us into 2023, but we are willing to wait to get exactly what we want. We are getting the Basic R1T with the Explore Package in Rivian Blue ($2,500) with the Black Mountain interior. We have added the Full-size spare tire and wheel ($600), the Rivian Wall Charger ($500), and the All-Weather Floor Mats ($175).

SuEllyn and Brian
Sponsored

Last edited:

IlliniRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover
Thank you for this update.

It's disappointing they could not offer you a more specific delivery window.

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2DR, 2022 R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

That is disappointing that he couldn't give you a better window for an Adventure model in 2022. December 2022 delivery would be disappointing given it might only be slightly earlier than your Explore model. It is also a little worrisome that he can't give you a better window than 2022, because it makes me wonder if the everyones timeline is sliding, and they really have no idea or don't want to commit.

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
As promised in the email, we finally got the call from Rivian asking if we wanted to change our order to get an earlier delivery date. We spoke to a Rivian Customer Service Representative named Anthony. He was very cordial and helpful. He told us that we could get an earlier delivery date if we wanted to change from an Explore Package to an Adventure Package. We currently have a delivery window of the first half of 2023. Anthony told us that if we changed to the Adventure Package, we could get a delivery date sometime in 2022, but he could not be more specific.

We have decided to stay with our original order of the R1T with the Explore Package. Anthony told us that when they do start producing the Explore Package, we should be at the front end of the line with our very early order date (11/28/2018). This still puts us into 2023, but we are willing to wait to get exactly what we want. We are getting the Basic R1T with the Explore Package in Rivian Blue ($2,500) with the Black Mountain interior. We have added the Full-size spare tire and wheel ($600), the Rivian Wall Charger ($500), and the All-Weather Floor Mats ($175).

SuEllyn and Brian
Stinks to have to wait longer, but in the end when you are spending this much money you'll never regret getting exactly what you want.

Inkedsphynx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 LE R1T, '21 CB500FA, '21 CMX1100A
That is disappointing that he couldn't give you a better window for an Adventure model in 2022. December 2022 delivery would be disappointing given it might only be slightly earlier than your Explore model. It is also a little worrisome that he can't give you a better window than 2022, because it makes me wonder if the everyones timeline is sliding, and they really have no idea or don't want to commit.
I would personally read it more as them needing to figure out who and how many are switching so they can actually finalize production schedules. Giving out a date without production schedules even semi-finalized would be pretty negligent and almost impossible to hold themselves to with some other unknown number of potential changes.

I do find it concerning though that all of these communications that were supposed to have happened by the end of January are still ongoing.

Sponsored

OP
OP
moosetags

moosetags

First Name
SuEllyn & Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

I would personally read it more as them needing to figure out who and how many are switching so they can actually finalize production schedules. Giving out a date without production schedules even semi-finalized would be pretty negligent and almost impossible to hold themselves to with some other unknown number of potential changes.

I do find it concerning though that all of these communications that were supposed to have happened by the end of January are still ongoing.
In all fairness to Rivian, they had called and left a message for us on Monday (Feb 7th), and we just got back with them today. When we were on the phone with Anthony (the Rivian Customer Service Rep), he told us that his records indicated that Rivian had made an attempt to contact us and left a message on January 11th. We checked SuEllyn's voicemail and could not find any such message. In our case, this is not an issue as we did not intend to make any change to out order.

Brian

mgc0216

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, BMW R1200RT, BMW F800GS
Occupation
Software guy
Clubs

As promised in the email, we finally got the call from Rivian asking if we wanted to change our order to get an earlier delivery date. We spoke to a Rivian Customer Service Representative named Anthony. He was very cordial and helpful. He told us that we could get an earlier delivery date if we wanted to change from an Explore Package to an Adventure Package. We currently have a delivery window of the first half of 2023. Anthony told us that if we changed to the Adventure Package, we could get a delivery date sometime in 2022, but he could not be more specific. Anthony also told us that are approximately 71,000 Rivian pre-orders.

SuEllyn and Brian
Is there something beyond cost of the vehicle that makes the Explore more attractive to you than the Adventure. I just want to make sure for my own sake that there wasn't something I hadn't considered (I know some folks don't want the automatic tonneau for instance).

OP
OP
moosetags

moosetags

First Name
SuEllyn & Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Is there something beyond cost of the vehicle that makes the Explore more attractive to you than the Adventure. I just want to make sure for my own sake that there wasn't something I hadn't considered (I know some folks don't want the automatic tonneau for instance).
The bottom line is that some of the items in the Adventure Package I would just rather not have. The motorized tonneau cover is one. I believe that manual panels have a better chance of being watertight. We think that the all black dash in the Explore Model is more attractive that the wooden trim. We also like the seats without the bright metal inserts. We even like that the Explore Package outside rearview mirrors are painted black as opposed to body color.

Brian

mgc0216

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software guy
Clubs

The bottom line is that some of the items in the adventure package I would just rather not have. The motorized tonneau cover is one. I believe that manual panels have a better chance of being watertight. We think that the all black dash in the Explore Model is more attractive that the wooden trim. We also like the seats without the bright metal inserts. We even like that the Explore Package outside rearview mirrors are painted black as opposed to body color.

Brian
i definitely had not noticed some of those details!

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Sponsored

AllInev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius V, R1T
The bottom line is that some of the items in the Adventure Package I would just rather not have. The motorized tonneau cover is one. I believe that manual panels have a better chance of being watertight. We think that the all black dash in the Explore Model is more attractive that the wooden trim. We also like the seats without the bright metal inserts. We even like that the Explore Package outside rearview mirrors are painted black as opposed to body color.

Brian
I'm hoping for additional storage in the Explore where the Bluetooth/Camp speaker is for the LE/Adventure. Perhaps even more storage under the back-right seat where the subwoofer is for the LE/Camp speaker, maybe? I hope I'm wrong, but I expect nothing but trouble with the powered tonneau covers --just seems inherently problematic to me.

TollKeeper

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Rivian R1S, 04 GMC Envoy XUV, 05 Saturn Relay 3
Occupation
Ast HR Director
2 reasons I specifically want the Adventure Package... Heated and Cooled seats, meridian sound. The rest, I could care less about honestly. I didnt want the Long Range package, I wont be driving it more than 100 miles of my home I dont think.

TexasBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3

SuEllyn and Brian
Did you happen to ask if they were going to guarantee the price for the Explore package next year? In this era of increased inflation, it is more than a little possible that you will end up spending nearly as much on an Explore later than you would on Adventure today.

OP
OP
moosetags

moosetags

First Name
SuEllyn & Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Explore package? No Launch Edition selection? That hurts to read ?

@Blackhatch , this thread has the info you're looking for!
The Launch Edition requires the Adventure Package. That is NOT what we want.

mgc0216

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software guy
Clubs

2 reasons I specifically want the Adventure Package... Heated and Cooled seats, meridian sound. The rest, I could care less about honestly. I didnt want the Long Range package, I wont be driving it more than 100 miles of my home I dont think.
those were the top two features for me as well.
Sponsored