Sponsored

Bug or Design Intent

ERguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
The purpose of the sensor isn't just to read 65lbs but something smaller that shouldn't be there but is. I have a 2020 vehicle that anything close to 25lbs sets it off. Should 1lb set it off, now but anything that could be a small child should set it off.
They are designed to know the difference between a person and any inanimate object that weighs 25 lbs as in your example. Nobody wants an airbag deploying on a 25 lbs sack of potatoes. Based on the OP, it sounds like Rivian cannot tell the difference right now as evidenced by the truck telling the OP to fasten the passenger seatbelt.
Sponsored

Last edited:

lefkonj

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A7/Q3 R1S ordered
Clubs

Someone should contact VW (I believe they are the largest vehicle manufacturer globally) their sensor does it by weight not determining if it is a human or not.

lostpacket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crosstrek, R1T
Occupation
Software Engineer
4) Very annoying that the Gear Guard screen presents itself everytime you get in the truck. Also, have to reboot the truck occasionally to get the gear guard to work again.
How could you not want this dashing gentleman to greet you when you enter your truck?

Clearly you don't possess my superior cultural sophistication

Rivian R1T R1S Bug or Design Intent 1650935393483
Sponsored