First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Firefighter/Paramedic
tip of the iceberg. think power grid, voting rights, abortion, book bans....
https://www.dallasnews.com/news/pol...t-over-controversial-new-laws-trump-influnce/

No idea what, if any, influence these kinds of things might have on Rivian's decision making although typically these things boil down to $$ over politics.
Agree that politics and $$ go hand in hand, but I do not see how those mentioned issues affect the building of a center for rivian. Also that article is very one sided vs the unbiased views that should be looked at
Sponsored

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Agree that politics and $$ go hand in hand, but I do not see how those mentioned issues affect the building of a center for rivian. Also that article is very one sided vs the unbiased views that should be looked at
At the very least, surely you can see how the TX power grid issues behind the wide scale Feb 2021 power outages (which have still not been fully addressed) should be a major concern for Rivian. I linked the article because it cites many of the controversial topics and their potential impacts on the business climate and the ability to attract/retain employees, not because of any viewpoints shared - I don't care to get into my own personal views on those subjects.

But let's not derail this thread with TX politics, my original comment was merely that I wasn't sure to what extent, if at all, these kinds of factors might weigh into Rivian's final decision.

Jehorton

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Firefighter/Paramedic
At the very least, surely you can see how the TX power grid issues behind the wide scale Feb 2021 power outages (which have still not been fully addressed) should be a major concern for Rivian. I linked the article because it cites many of the controversial topics and their potential impacts on the business climate and the ability to attract/retain employees, not because of any viewpoints shared - I don't care to get into my own personal views on those subjects.

But let's not derail this thread with TX politics, my original comment was merely that I wasn't sure to what extent, if at all, these kinds of factors might weigh into Rivian's final decision.
Tbh I don’t know too much about the power grid issue and I can see how that can affect rivian’s decision. But yes thank you for not getting into personal politics. Much appreciated.

Denver_Paulie

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Porsche Taycan CT4s, '23 Rivian R1T

Agreed, but we should give @Jehorton a chance to explain his opinion on why he thinks what he thinks. He obviously has certain strong beliefs that seem in line with the non-typical EV buying demographic.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Agreed, but we should give @Jehorton a chance to explain his opinion on why he thinks what he thinks. He obviously has certain strong beliefs that seem in line with the non-typical EV buying demographic.
Nobody said it can't be discussed, just that it would be unrelated to the topic of this thread and should be discussed elsewhere should anyone care to dive into that. These forums are horrible about drifting off-topic.
Sponsored