Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
CISO
Edit 06/01/2024:
I took my S in to have the chrome delete and headlight/taillight tint installed. While I was there I asked the wrapper if he’d vinyl wrap the crossbars. He charged $100 extra, but I think it turned out well.
Rivian R1T R1S Blacking Out Crossbars IMG_2088
Rivian R1T R1S Blacking Out Crossbars IMG_2089
Rivian R1T R1S Blacking Out Crossbars IMG_2090
Rivian R1T R1S Blacking Out Crossbars IMG_2091
Rivian R1T R1S Blacking Out Crossbars IMG_2092

I'm blacking out my R1S and have a solution for everything except the crossbars. Has anyone powder-coated or wrapped theirs?
Sponsored

Last edited:

johnking

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X3, R1S
That's my plan as well. Planning to buy 3M vinyl tape from Amazon and do it after the summer.

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

I've never considered this before, but now I'm pondering it. The inner telescoping part would be the biggest challenge, any sort of paint would likely get marred or rub off in spots. There's a lot of plastic to disassemble to properly paint, and I don't know how to fully separate to get everything coated.

Why don't you post a crossbar disassembly video for us and we'll see how hard it is. If it's 10 minutes or less for each bar, I'll consider taking them to a powdercoating shop and post results.

K2ATL-R1T

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘14 LR4, ‘22 X5, ‘12 Mini, Defender 110 & 130
Occupation
General Contractor
Sell the Rivian ones and buy the ones from Thule. They’re way more stout! Not as easy to remove and install, but worth it!

Rivian R1T R1S Blacking Out Crossbars IMG_3140

Sponsored

OP
OP
TwinWhitsles

TwinWhitsles

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
CISO
I have an appointment for Friday to install my Bogart pre-cut lightbars and window trim in gloss black vinyl. I'm going to see if they'll wrap the crossbars. I'm not too worried about wrapping the slider portion, as I have an R1S and don't foresee a need to adjust them.

OP
OP
TwinWhitsles

TwinWhitsles

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
CISO
I edited my original post in this thread with my updated vinyl-wrapped crossbars.
Sponsored