Sponsored

Black Emblems from Abstract Ocean

ssrivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
I just received my emblems from Abstract Ocean (@AO_Pete). Sadly, the yellow doesn't match the Rivian Yellow. They are more of a dull yellow tone. Is this normal or did i get a bad set? I know this is a little nitpicking, but it doesn't match the calipers and the Rivian yellow has a more vibrant classier look to it. It kind of cheapens the look if everything doesn't match.
Sponsored

TimJim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Subaru Outback 3.6
I have put those same emblems on my wife’s R1S, and I agree that they aren’t a perfect match and perhaps they could use a little bit more orange in the yellow, but it really doesn't bother me. They are a close enough match that you do not notice unless you are holding the yellow right next to the caliper. Once placed on the truck/SUV, they are far enough away that you don’t notice. I would suggest you put them on and enjoy them. They look great on the lighter colored Rivians. We have them on my wife’s limestone R1S but not on my El Cap R1T.

Noplacelikeloam

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Creative management
Clubs

I have put those same emblems on my wife’s R1S, and I agree that they aren’t a perfect match and perhaps they could use a little bit more orange in the yellow, but it really doesn't bother me. They are a close enough match that you do not notice unless you are holding the yellow right next to the caliper. Once placed on the truck/SUV, they are far enough away that you don’t notice. I would suggest you put them on and enjoy them. They look great on the lighter colored Rivians. We have them on my wife’s limestone R1S but not on my El Cap R1T.
Exactly. It isn't a match but you wont notice at all. I have them on El Cap and like the look. Coming from a Raptor and the mantra "chrome doesn't get you home" I just cant do chrome.

OP
OP

ssrivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Good to know. Thanks for the input. I would like to see them in person before I destroy the OEM ones. There's a service center nearby, and I’ve seen some in for service that have them on. I’ll need to run by to see if they have any I can check out. It still sucks that they can't match it. There must be a reason because I’m sure they have a color code.

Noplacelikeloam

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Creative management
Clubs

Good to know. Thanks for the input. I would like to see them in person before I destroy the OEM ones. There's a service center nearby, and I’ve seen some in for service that have them on. I’ll need to run by to see if they have any I can check out. It still sucks that they can't match it. There must be a reason because I’m sure they have a color code.
Remove the OEM ones carefully and you wont destroy them at all. I have my OEM set all cleaned up and ready to put back on if needs be. Keep the templates AO send you and you can use that to re-apply the old ones. Just add some 3M adhesive (Amazon) to the back of the OEM ones and you are back to OEM look. Your SC can also put them back on.

Sponsored

TimJim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Subaru Outback 3.6
Exactly. It isn't a match but you wont notice at all. I have them on El Cap and like the look. Coming from a Raptor and the mantra "chrome doesn't get you home" I just cant do chrome.
Please post a picture of the black emblems on el cap. I really like the black contrast with the light colors, but I’ve assumed that I won’t like the dark emblem on dark color. Perhaps my logic is flawed.

Noplacelikeloam

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Creative management
Clubs

Please post a picture of the black emblems on el cap. I really like the black contrast with the light colors, but I’ve assumed that I won’t like the dark emblem on dark color. Perhaps my logic is flawed.
Rivian R1T R1S Black Emblems from Abstract Ocean IMG_3650

Rivian R1T R1S Black Emblems from Abstract Ocean IMG_3649

Rivian R1T R1S Black Emblems from Abstract Ocean IMG_3648

OP
OP

ssrivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Ok these pictures show the mismatch in colors especially the ones next to the wheel and caliper. I will say they are very good quality the color is just not for me. If anyone wants to purchase the ones I have DM me.

tate16t

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Granite R1S
Occupation
Car Enthusiast
I have them on El Cap as well and don’t see the difference in the yellows. Did you change the rear emblem to yellow/black too?

Sponsored

DonkeyKong

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S Launch & 2022 R1T Quad
I have them on both of mine. I don’t notice the mismatch much.

Rivian R1T R1S Black Emblems from Abstract Ocean IMG_5860

Rivian R1T R1S Black Emblems from Abstract Ocean IMG_5961

swflor

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 23 R1T, 23 R1S, 23 RR LWB, 21 Yukon XL
Occupation
Executive
Clubs

The original AO logo set was all black for the large rear logo with no yellow accent. I sort of prefer that for the rear, but I have the yellow/black on the rear of my 2 Ss and it’s doesn’t both me.

The yellow accent even though it’s slightly off from the caliper, is far enough away to not be that noticeable unless you are really looking and trying to compare it. Having the yellow accent also keeps the Quad accent theme.

Rivian R1T R1S Black Emblems from Abstract Ocean IMG_6954

Rivian R1T R1S Black Emblems from Abstract Ocean IMG_7796

Rivian R1T R1S Black Emblems from Abstract Ocean IMG_7795

Rivian R1T R1S Black Emblems from Abstract Ocean IMG_6100

tate16t

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Granite R1S
Occupation
Car Enthusiast
Thanks for the pics. I was on the fence about the yellow/black on the rear emblem but I’m going with it this weekend. I did the sides already and like the look. My only pending thing is the chrome delete to be done next week.

swflor

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Executive
Clubs

Thanks for the pics. I was on the fence about the yellow/black on the rear emblem but I’m going with it this weekend. I did the sides already and like the look. My only pending thing is the chrome delete to be done next week.
I stock AO logo sets for anyone interested. I might have some all black rears still also…but won’t be back to the shop until Tuesday.

swflor

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Executive
Clubs

the T in my prior post was the all black. This is the S with the yellow/black.

Rivian R1T R1S Black Emblems from Abstract Ocean IMG_6759
Rivian R1T R1S Black Emblems from Abstract Ocean IMG_7964
Sponsored