Sponsored

Bed mounted off-roading jack

cashoverass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Max Pack, Performance Dual Motor
Hi, I tried searching, I swear. I'm looking for ideas to mount an (off-road friendly) jack into the bed of the R1T.

I splurged for a new fancy (super heavy and large) jack but now I guess I'll buy a second specifically for off-roading. The bottle jack seem like great solutions from a space standpoint. Can they be as "safe" as a true jack? The Harbor Freight badlands jack is highly recommended so I have my eye on that. I'm looking for good ways to mount it in the bed so it doesn't roll/rattle.

I would prefer to not get a full molle wall. I probably will regret this later, ha, but right now, I don't see myself mounting a ton of stuff so ideally a jack mount that mounts to the stock mounting points and not a jack that mounts into a jack mount that mounts into a molle that mounts onto the bed (also this would cost like $1,000 and I'm hoping to do it a bit cheaper than that).
Sponsored

chicagoair

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T Performance Max Pack
Clubs

Hi, I tried searching, I swear. I'm looking for ideas to mount an (off-road friendly) jack into the bed of the R1T.

I splurged for a new fancy (super heavy and large) jack but now I guess I'll buy a second specifically for off-roading. The bottle jack seem like great solutions from a space standpoint. Can they be as "safe" as a true jack? The Harbor Freight badlands jack is highly recommended so I have my eye on that. I'm looking for good ways to mount it in the bed so it doesn't roll/rattle.

I would prefer to not get a full molle wall. I probably will regret this later, ha, but right now, I don't see myself mounting a ton of stuff so ideally a jack mount that mounts to the stock mounting points and not a jack that mounts into a jack mount that mounts into a molle that mounts onto the bed (also this would cost like $1,000 and I'm hoping to do it a bit cheaper than that).
I’ve had my Badlands jack in my bed for many miles now tied down with a Frontrunner Strachit and have never heard it rattle and it’s never rolled. For the jack I use the longer black ones and a pair costs $40.

PhatDaddy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 R1T RC PDM Max 20” ATs
Occupation
Retired IT

Not sure for exactly what you are looking, but if you expand your search to “badlands jack mount”, you should find this one at least…
Rivian R1T R1S Bed mounted off-roading jack 1714276924940-i9

https://fastlabutv.com/products/bad...organic&utm_campaign=sag_organic&gad_source=1

HighVoltOverland

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GW/OC R1T | Tesla MY | Jeep Wrangler TJ
Occupation
Retired-ish
Clubs

What exactly is your idea of an off road jack?
HiLift?
ARB hydraulic jack?
Pro Eagle?
HF Badlands?
SafeJack bottle jack kit?
EV Sportline bottle jack?

as far as not using paying for a full molle plate, you can mount either a loop or track of sorts in the bed by using the existing 6mm anchor points around the bed

Jerk

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Am I crazy or is there no Harbor Freight Badlands jack rated to lift a Rivian? All I can find is the 3 ton jack, but the curb weight is 6949lbs with 21’s and no spare or driver, etc.

Sponsored

Glembi2

First Name
Glembi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Genesis GV70, Civic, & Mazda3
Occupation
Patent attorney
Clubs

I do not believe the goal is to lift the entire truck but only some of it, with the remainder being supported by the opposite wheel. So more than a 2000 lb jack but not an 8000 lb jack. The red 6000 lb bottle jack seems popular.

UnsungZero_OldTimeAdMan

First Name
Barnum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 GW Quad-Large R1T "Ghost"
Occupation
Advertising Circus
Am I crazy or is there no Harbor Freight Badlands jack rated to lift a Rivian? All I can find is the 3 ton jack, but the curb weight is 6949lbs with 21’s and no spare or driver, etc.
You’re crazy. The 3-ton is fine. More than adequate for each corner of R1.

Jerk

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

I was for sure missing something there, thanks for correcting my mistake!
Sponsored