Sponsored

At what price are you picking up more Rivian stock?

At what price are you picking up more Rivian stock?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OP
OP
SciGuy

SciGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T quad, large pack, 20ATs; 2012 Acura TSX
Since March I've built a position with an average cost of 15.97, might add if it drops below that again. My avg used to be 12.98, then I added a little more between 20 and 27 a few weeks ago when it seemed like 30+ was right around the corner. Lesson learned!
Hindsight is always 20/20. If it hung up there in the 30s you’d look like a genius! Given the trajectory of the company I’m personally optimistic that it’ll overall be upwards, despite the near term volatility.
Sponsored

Nix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No Dox
I couldn't justify buying in at IPO pricing because it already priced in full successful full ramp-up of 2 R1 variants and 2 R2 variants and 2 commercial van variants and a Ford partnership. I would have to hold for 4-8 years just to break even on value to buy and hold, with too much downside risk.

Heck no at post-IPO hyped pricing for long-term buy and hold. Then I was tempted at $30 as Ford EV truck pricing kept going up, and R1 variant ramp-up was slowly working, but I held off. Then I couldn't say no to buying in at $17 and continuing to DCA down to $13 with an average cost basis in the $15's. I have multiple purchase orders in place waiting to trigger buying again from my current cost basis, DCA's back down to $13 again.

I'm betting on each piece of good news boosting the stock, but not sticking until R1*, R2*, and commercial truck variants are all fully ramped and profitable. Until then it will be a roller-coaster. There just isn't the support until they actually deliver profits and R1/R2/van full product line all successfully launches, no matter how good the short term news is. I'm buying any dips that improve my cost basis, and holding until the bitter end -- or until 10X return which ever comes first. I guess I'm part of what defines support at the bottom, down to $13.

Best case is everything eventually ramps successfully and prices double IPO and I sell 10% to cover my initial investment and the rest is profits to buy an R2 variant. Worst case is Rivian gets sold off to a hedge fund at a loss, and the hedge fund sells and services R1 variants at low volume, and I have to buy a used R1 variant at used Fisker Karma prices with my own money.

Freddie

First Name
Freddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

At least this week there was good support around 20.5 and is very interesting considering all the volatility. Next support is at 17.5 if it has to fall. If the instructions start buying again, it might climb pretty quickly
Sponsored