Sponsored

As a pre-order holder, do you pick the R1S Dual Motor for $59,920 - $7,500 rebate = $52,420 or wait for the R2?

jbl911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Quad
Clubs

After thinking about it for a week and looking at the responses. I would 100% go with R1S dual motor over R2 in dual motor if I was still holding out with a pre-price hike order.

For me the selling point was adjustable suspension and off-road capability the R1 offers over the R2.

Now this deal a Reddit member got has to be insane value for R1 at the price of R2.

IMG_9404.jpeg
Impressive deal
Sponsored

iansriv

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
After thinking about it for a week and looking at the responses. I would 100% go with R1S dual motor over R2 in dual motor if I was still holding out with a pre-price hike order.

For me the selling point was adjustable suspension and off-road capability the R1 offers over the R2.

Now this deal a Reddit member got has to be insane value for R1 at the price of R2.

IMG_9404.jpeg
I'm crying because I'm happy for whoever got/gets this deal; and because of the price I paid last year. I also cry every time I look at the stock price too. I'm a modern sensetive man.

rocksmani

First Name
Manish
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
IT
Plenty of inventories are coming up. Where do you see this price under 60K. I dont fond it anywhere at all - the lowest I see if 75K

beyondgravity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

As a pre-order holder, do you pick the R1S Dual Motor for $59,920 - $7,500 rebate = $52,420 or wait for R2?

As much as I would like to buy the R1 for $59,920. I prefer the size of R2 for my wife who does not need a 7 seater or care for larger vehicles.

Here's to hoping we can get a dual motor R2 with 300 miles of range for $55,000 or less before rebates.

What are existing pre-order holders who were interested in a dual motor doing now that Rivian has aggressive offers to get people to shit or get off the pot by September?

IMG_9126.jpeg

IMG_9125.jpeg
It is a great price; but if your wife does not want it, she wouldn’t enjoy it. Have you physically seen touched R2? If you have, particularly your wife has, and she felt it is the right one and can wait, get R2.

I have always been a car guy and my wife has always been SUV. As soon as R3 (x maybe), I will be jumping on to that.

HokieBird7980

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Alpina B7, Mercedes GL550, Hyundai Tuscon
Occupation
Chief Commercial Officer, Pharmaceuticals
Clubs

So a question for those who have pre price increase voucher now, and take delivery of a 2024 model year R1S or R1T. If the document being filed with the IRS uses the August 2022 date of service, what date will Rivian use for the Warranty??? I'm presuming it's the actual date of delivery, but want to make sure that if i decide to pull the trigger in the shop, amend my return and take delivery of a 2024 model that i'm not two years into my warranty. Can't be that way, right?

DjbR1T

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Telluride, BMW
Occupation
Healthcare
I already submitted my request for $7,500 tax credit and received it with interest by amending my 2022 tax return.

I had a binding agreement that I signed and would assume that pre-order holders who signed one will also do the same on their 2022 returns or just claim half credit of $3,750 on their 2024 returns.

I agree it's one hell of a price and a lot of vehicle for under $60,000.
hi - to get your return did you just file form 1040-x,
form 8936 (Rev.January 20022), and Schedule 1 (Form 8936-A) from 2022??
What else did you include??
Thanks!!
Sponsored