Anyone have any issue with the "easy entry" feature

Firewired

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
EL Cap R1T, Model 3,
I turned on the "easy entry" feature as I was seeing some wear on the driver-side seat bolster. About 10% of the time the seat fails to elevate into normal position when I push on the brake and put the truck into drive, at that point I have to select my wife's profile and then my own to get the seat to elevate properly. Has anyone else had that happen?

Thanks
Sponsored

SRO

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
retired
Mine does the same thing from time to time. I slide the seat forward a bit and the setting screen pops up and I tap the button below “remember” I think it is “ignore” and it goes to my set positions.

AYAYRON

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
r1t
Yes it’s inconsistent. So is the kneel mode; occasionally one or the other fail, I reported it to Rivian

Bikermomjudi

First Name
Judi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Clubs

Happens to me frequently. Also the car defaults to my husband's profile even though I am listed as owner. Is there a way to change the default settings?

skigramps

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S 2023 Subaru Crosstrek
Occupation
Retired
Happens to me weekly. I’ve simply come to accept it. Same kinda thing with Alexa and the radio.

Sponsored

Sfosro

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Retired
Should have wrote hit the “restore” button.

Z R1S

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y Performance, BMW X7
Happens to me weekly. I’ve simply come to accept it. Same kinda thing with Alexa and the radio.
Same - happens randomly but routinely...Rivian should be able to clean it up with software updates but make sure you submit the issue,. moving the seat just a tad and then clicking "restore" does the trick as noted earlier.

vista1984

First Name
Wan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Same here. Lots of times the seat was in the right position but the steering wheel was not.

BronxBomber

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S LE, 2022 Ford Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Talent Executive
There have been a few times I’ve given up and have driven to the gym, seat far back like an old school Caddy 😂

Hopper

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Launch Green R1T, 2022 Polaris Ranger NorthStar
Occupation
Retired Executive and technical writer. Board of Directors Fly Fishers International.
I turned on the "easy entry" feature as I was seeing some wear on the driver-side seat bolster. About 10% of the time the seat fails to elevate into normal position when I push on the brake and put the truck into drive, at that point I have to select my wife's profile and then my own to get the seat to elevate properly. Has anyone else had that happen?

Thanks
Yep. Happens occasionally.

kenef

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Same here unfortunately, also see similar issue about 10-15% of the time, both with kneeling as well as the easy entry. The more that report, the higher the ticket goes up the queue
Sponsored