Sponsored

Any R1S pre-orders hear from guides recently?

BeanEW

First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Retired
Has everyone on this forum in the aug - sep window been contacted? Anyone still waiting? Trying to get a feel if they are gonna make there target.
Just got the configuration confirmation email today and started my 8-step process; however, no contact from the Rivian guide but I contacted him for a couple of questions.
Sponsored

BeanEW

First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Retired
All or virtually all of the R1S orders with recent guide contact or a delivery have it. It was common to the first batch but we have no idea if it will be prioritized going forward for an extended period of time.
Started the process today and 'yes', I did order the R1S with the underbody shield.

twinprice

First Name
Winston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yukon XL Denali, Tesla Model Y, and LE RS1 - Hopefully!
Clubs

Mine is apparently at the Richmond SC!!! Did you take any pics?
@kanundrum , yesterday, when I was at the SC, one of the two recently delivered R1S was exactly your configuration! it was beautiful! The only thing that confuses me, is the SC tech I was talking to said they ā€œjust arrivedā€ and it seemed like she meant that same day or late the day before. Iā€™m so sorry I didnā€™t take pictures, but Iā€™m going by again today to see if, perhaps, mine has arrived yet and Iā€™ll take some pictures. One problem with the Richmond SC is that the rear gated parking lot is huge, so pictures might be tough. Iā€™ll ask if theyā€™ll let me to help people like all of us who are having trouble waiting for our deliveries. ;)
There are a huge number of R1Ts sitting in the lot as well and I will try to take pics of them too.

twinprice

First Name
Winston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Ok @kanundrum, this is the best I can do! I went to the Richmond SC this morning and got a picture of what I think is your R1S through the fence. I was not allowed to go in the back parking lot but there were 5 or 6 R1Ss in the lot. (Mine hasnā€™t arrived yet). Here is a glimpse of yours! (At least I think it is yours but I couldnā€™t verify the VIN)
Rivian R1T R1S Any R1S pre-orders hear from guides recently? 8901BB06-CB59-4C6C-AE9E-1B137B09B021

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Ok @kanundrum, this is the best I can do! I went to the Richmond SC this morning and got a picture of what I think is your R1S through the fence. I was not allowed to go in the back parking lot but there were 5 or 6 R1Ss in the lot. (Mine hasnā€™t arrived yet). Here is a glimpse of yours! (At least I think it is yours but I couldnā€™t verify the VIN)
8901BB06-CB59-4C6C-AE9E-1B137B09B021.jpeg

Awesome!!! TY sir

Sponsored

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

@kanundrum , yesterday, when I was at the SC, one of the two recently delivered R1S was exactly your configuration! it was beautiful! The only thing that confuses me, is the SC tech I was talking to said they ā€œjust arrivedā€ and it seemed like she meant that same day or late the day before. Iā€™m so sorry I didnā€™t take pictures, but Iā€™m going by again today to see if, perhaps, mine has arrived yet and Iā€™ll take some pictures. One problem with the Richmond SC is that the rear gated parking lot is huge, so pictures might be tough. Iā€™ll ask if theyā€™ll let me to help people like all of us who are having trouble waiting for our deliveries. ;)
There are a huge number of R1Ts sitting in the lot as well and I will try to take pics of them too.

and ty for the update. hoping yours arrives soon!

NashvilleR1S

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 2022 Pilot
Occupation
Cinematography
Started the process today and 'yes', I did order the R1S with the underbody shield.
sigh...whats your order date, configuration, and delivery window?

twinprice

First Name
Winston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

BeanEW

First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Retired
sigh...whats your order date, configuration, and delivery window?
I'm in the middle of the pack in terms of ordering date, Forest Green with Black Mountain (changed from Ocean Coast once they announced backorders) with 20" ATR tires, large battery pack; the guide said the delivery scheduling process started and it might take up to 6 weeks.

Gator42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender
Yes. I was told by my guide they are ā€˜ā€¦delivering the LE launch so keep an eye on your inbox!ā€™ I still have no update on my April/May delivery window, btwā€¦

Sponsored

tscanjr

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
Occupation
Tech Sales
As preorder holders, can you order a trim that ISN"T Launch Edition? I'm confused all of a sudden on configs. I thought all preorders got the LE. I'm a March 2020 preorder R1S, GW, OC, 21", LE. *asking for a friend...

Last edited:

Gator42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender
As preorder holders, can you order a trim that ISN"T Launch Edition? I'm confused all of a sudden on configs. I thought all preorders got the LE. I'm a March 2020 preorder R1S, GW, OC, 21", LE. *asking for a friend...
Newpe. Launch Edition was a limited edition trim that sold out in days (hours?). From your signature you were on top of things but many others with pre orders missed out. There's a theory Launch Edition was originally intended to be the first trim delivered as 'priority delivery' was one of the selling points. That all changed when Rivian's many challenges altered their strategy...

Friscorays

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
G35, V8 Vantage, 4C, F type
I think so but why would you?

Friscorays

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
G35, V8 Vantage, 4C, F type
I am confused by the guy's question. Has an LE so only current option would be to switch to essentially identical adventure trim; which would cause him to miss out on free wheels if interested in those.
Sponsored