Sponsored

Any activity in the Austin, TX area?

DJG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Various
Took delivery on Saturday May 14th in ATX. Guide told me it came from Houston SC - arrived on a flatbed.

For those of us here in ATX - I highly suggest getting ceramic tint on the front two windows and windshield, as it cuts down not the cabin heat and you dont have to FULL blast the AC every time you hop in.
I take delivery on Thursday. Where did you get the tint done? I currently have a reservation at XPEL in Pflugerville. Did you do the back seat windows too? I don't think factory tint is ceramic?
Sponsored

Jsidell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T
I take delivery on Thursday. Where did you get the tint done? I currently have a reservation at XPEL in Pflugerville. Did you do the back seat windows too? I don't think factory tint is ceramic?
I went to Sunbusters - they got me in same day. No ceramic tint on the back - just the front two windows and windshield.

11655 Research Blvd

DJG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Various
I went to Sunbusters - they got me in same day. No ceramic tint on the back - just the front two windows and windshield.

11655 Research Blvd
Thanks. This was the quote I got, FYI for others. The first part is for PPF. Still confused on whether the rear windows should be tinted with ceramic or not. I feel like the factory tint is just for shading but doesn't provide any IR/heat reduction.

Rivian R1T R1S Any activity in the Austin, TX area? 1653404771111

anotherburrito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model 3 LR + Boost
Congrats, and I totally feel ya in wanting to get it ASAP. Not sure if your screen name has anything to do with this, but I couldn't help but sing "it's a cold Lone Star in my hand" after reading it...

We have some really good friends that live in Spicewood, so I'm sure they'll be sending me pics if they see you around, LOL.
Holy crap! I’ve used this user name for literally 16 years and you’re the first person to ever recognize where it came from.

HightiseATX

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Toyota Tacoma
Occupation
Retired
Thanks. This was the quote I got, FYI for others. The first part is for PPF. Still confused on whether the rear windows should be tinted with ceramic or not. I feel like the factory tint is just for shading but doesn't provide any IR/heat reduction.

1653404771111.png
I got quotes from Authentic Details and Austin Detailing for full front ppf , window tint and ceramic coating. I’ll likely go with Austin Detailing, as they have already done several R1t. Also better pricing than the xpel quote above.

Sponsored

KyleJJ06

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Blue R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

You don’t want to know. I sat and watched Rivian for a long time thinking it was awesome but not affordable for me and the family. Circumstances changed and I reserved later than most I’m seeing here getting deliveries. I got really lucky somehow.
Swung by on a whim to the Houston CS to see if I could check out the wheel options IRL. Pretty sure I probably saw you taking delivery today! Congrats!

anotherburrito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Swung by on a whim to the Houston CS to see if I could check out the wheel options IRL. Pretty sure I probably saw you taking delivery today! Congrats!
You could have stopped and said hi if you wanted. Would have taken you on a ride. My buddy and I were giggling the whole time. Delivery was great. Passenger gear door needed an adjustment because it was rubbing the passenger door, but they fixed it in about 10 minutes. I’m in love with this truck.

BuzzL8ghtYears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
You could have stopped and said hi if you wanted. Would have taken you on a ride. My buddy and I were giggling the whole time. Delivery was great. Passenger gear door needed an adjustment because it was rubbing the passenger door, but they fixed it in about 10 minutes. I’m in love with this truck.
Did the service center send you a text when your truck was ready? I am still waiting to see if mine passes QC. It left Florida last Thursday but haven't heard anything yet (especially due to the long weekend).

anotherburrito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I got a text directly from the SC asking me if I’d like to pickup there or have it delivered with a few delivery windows. I had already told my guide I was open to picking up from the SC if it meant I got it earlier, so I’m not sure if they do that with everyone or not. After I scheduled, I asked if it had passed PDI, and he/she said yes.

Sponsored

DJS512

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesl S
Delivered today in San Antonio!

Premium vehicle for sure

Rivian R1T R1S Any activity in the Austin, TX area? 38B6E6A5-33CF-4B41-9A6B-656F6A0D21E0

OP
OP

sjg

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ram 1500
I see comments about tinting the front windows and windshield. What about the roof glass?

I am currently in the middle of the 8 step process.

Lizardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self
Clubs

SA area. Still waiting. Hoping some movement happens when they finally open the Austin SC.

Texasag05

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F-250 King Ranch, 2022 Bronco OB Sasquatch
Occupation
EVP, paving highways to drive these awesome vehicles
just got mine friday!

in Georgetown
Details? I’m guessing it’s Rivian Blue? I saw one off of 195 a week ago.

dduffey

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Tesla M3, Tesla MY
I highly recommend Sunbusters on N 183.

They have done several of my vehicles but when they did the Rivian I was not happy with the cut on the sides (they used a template), which is the first time I have had a problem.

They redid the two side windows without complaint. I was very happy that they stood behind the quality of their work and I am sure their templates are now updated.

I did the front side windows and windshield. The windshield didn't block as much heat as I hoped so will be looking for a good sunvisor.
Sponsored