Sponsored

Any activity in the Austin, TX area?

DJS512

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesl S
I'm now in the 8 step process but getting stuck on step 1. Waiting for my guide to fix it.
Sponsored

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
There's more R1Ts in Austin metro than you realize. Deliveries won't really ramp up here until the SC is open though...

ceedy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Porsche 911, Land Rover Defender 110
Occupation
Software
I'm in Austin. The purchase process opened up for me on Sunday! I'm just waiting to schedule my delivery.

For what it is worth, my guide has been super responsive throughout this process.

Launch Green, Black Mountain, Black 20"

mgc0216

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, BMW R1200RT, BMW F800GS
Occupation
Software guy
Clubs

Ah, yes. I also asked about going to Normal and was told I could, but it didn't work out on my end. I suspect it's a matter of how much effort the Guide wants to put in. Also, it can't be an option for everyone, so timing can be a factor too. For a lot of people, the vehicle has already left Normal before they even know it exists, so that's an easy explanation.
I asked and got some reply about how I'd have to pay double taxes if I picked up in IL - in the end, there is a truck at my local service center so that's fine. The road trip would be nice, but the guide also indicated their would be "homecoming" type events in Normal at some point (I suggested that it would be cool to do homecoming events, and he said something like "yep we're definitely looking at that"

ceedy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Porsche 911, Land Rover Defender 110
Occupation
Software
I'm in Austin. The purchase process opened up for me on Sunday! I'm just waiting to schedule my delivery.

For what it is worth, my guide has been super responsive throughout this process.

Launch Green, Black Mountain, Black 20"
Quick update: my delivery is now scheduled for Monday.

Sponsored

DJS512

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesl S
Quick update: my delivery is now scheduled for Monday.
Thanks for the update. I'm on step 8. Waiting for the thumbs up. Glad to hear that it's speedy.

Jsidell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T
Took delivery on Saturday May 14th in ATX. Guide told me it came from Houston SC - arrived on a flatbed.

For those of us here in ATX - I highly suggest getting ceramic tint on the front two windows and windshield, as it cuts down not the cabin heat and you dont have to FULL blast the AC every time you hop in.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Took delivery on Saturday May 14th in ATX. Guide told me it came from Houston SC - arrived on a flatbed.

For those of us here in ATX - I highly suggest getting ceramic tint on the front two windows and windshield, as it cuts down not the cabin heat and you dont have to FULL blast the AC every time you hop in.
Congrats, dude!

Jsidell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T
Congrats, dude!
Thanks @skyote! Thanks for all the awesome information and commentary the last couple years!

Let’s plan a Marble Falls group when you get your R1S!

Sponsored

KyleJJ06

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Blue R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Lurker here. I’m flying to Houston (no trade) to pick up my Rivian Blue R1T on Friday. Didn’t want to wait for them to deliver to Spicewood next week.
Whats your pre-order date? ...And stop stealing the Rivian Blue's from Houston! Im still waiting to hear anything on mine haha

anotherburrito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model 3 LR + Boost
Whats your pre-order date? ...And stop stealing the Rivian Blue's from Houston! Im still waiting to hear anything on mine haha
You don’t want to know. I sat and watched Rivian for a long time thinking it was awesome but not affordable for me and the family. Circumstances changed and I reserved later than most I’m seeing here getting deliveries. I got really lucky somehow.

KyleJJ06

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Blue R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

You don’t want to know. I sat and watched Rivian for a long time thinking it was awesome but not affordable for me and the family. Circumstances changed and I reserved later than most I’m seeing here getting deliveries. I got really lucky somehow.
Well a quick google search and I found out haha. I'm assuming you have the 21's configured still? That seems to be the most popular early delivery at the moment. I didnt pre-order too much ahead of you if my source is to be believed (~5 months earlier). Either way congrats!

HightiseATX

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Toyota Tacoma
Occupation
Retired
I’m picking up my pickup Thursday at the Houston service center. Maybe I’ll run into anotherburrito.
Order date 2/2019. LE R1T CY/FE 22 brights. I’m in Dripping Springs. Not many Yellows out there. Read one was sighted in Houston on the Freeway.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lurker here. I’m flying to Houston (no trade) to pick up my Rivian Blue R1T on Friday. Didn’t want to wait for them to deliver to Spicewood next week.
Congrats, and I totally feel ya in wanting to get it ASAP. Not sure if your screen name has anything to do with this, but I couldn't help but sing "it's a cold Lone Star in my hand" after reading it...

We have some really good friends that live in Spicewood, so I'm sure they'll be sending me pics if they see you around, LOL.
Sponsored