First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Nothing creepy about that. If I didn’t live 40 minutes away I would probably find a reason to drive by nearly every day.

Sponsored

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
I stopped by yesterday and wanted to share a couple of insights, since I know some folks are too far away to easily swing over for a visit.

• There were about a dozen, maybe 15 trucks outside. No R1S's. I did not look to see what was inside the service area.
    • Mostly the standard colors. One Forrest Green. No yellow/red/limestone/black
    • All had BM interiors
  • Interesting array of Vins. I saw one in the 900s that indicated it was being prepared for delivery (had a "Ready for PDI" placard). And the highest I saw was 4,5XX.
  • I think every wheel type and size was out there so if you're still undecided, it's a good time to stop by
  • I spent some time looking at panel fitment, gaps, etc. on the exterior:
    • There was only one truck that I would have had trouble accepting for delivery - It had some terrible alignment on the passenger side, especially between the front and rear doors
    • They've slightly improved the shape of the hood in the later VINs. The lower the VIN, the more the hood was set-back on the front corners and the shape didn't line up with the fenders. VINs 3000+ seemed much better.
    • I saw no tiger-striping on the silver trucks, so hopefully that issue has been corrected
    • In general there's still some variance on gaps between different trucks, with some clearly better than others. That said, all but one were well within what I would consider to be the good enough to great, range. No concerns for me.
I swing by about once a week or so just to see if there's something new and cool to look at. If anyone ever want's me to check on something in particular, feel free to let me know.

OP
OP
Denver_Dan

Denver_Dan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Range Rover Velar, 2017 Colorado ZR2
Occupation
SaaS Sales
Stopped by again today after seeing Rivian Dads video showcasing the Limestone and FE interiors. They had both there today and I can certainly confirm that Limestone is a really really nice color. Def looks different than it does online in pictures/ videos - I didn’t get any sort of “robin egg” vibes from it at all (weather was sunny with a few clouds).

What I’m most excited about is the FE interior - confirmed that I’m sticking with my current configuration of Midnight exterior and FE interior. From my perspective I’d describe the FE as greenish grey. The dark wood looks unbelievable as well as a the headliner. People joke (i think) about the door thump…but for real, it is a very satisfying thump.

There was a gentleman there taking delivery of his LE R1T with launch green and FE. He let me sit in the back and take a look at it. I said “wow you must be pumped to be taking delivery” and his response was “not really man, I’m not one of those people who are crazy about these trucks. It’s just a depreciating asset” ………… told him I was one of those crazy people. To each their own, but I’m sure he is going to love his truck.

I also noticed that they extended the lot at the service center so it is pretty much twice the size. The original lot was completely full of R1T’s… no R1S yet.

mpw81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Q5 PHEV
I get his point, but maybe he didn't realize it actually "appreciated" ~$50k the minute he drove it out of the lot?

Sponsored

Pixelshot

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW eGolf
Occupation
Filmmaker
Stopped by again today after seeing Rivian Dads video showcasing the Limestone and FE interiors. They had both there today and I can certainly confirm that Limestone is a really really nice color. Def looks different than it does online in pictures/ videos - I didn’t get any sort of “robin egg” vibes from it at all (weather was sunny with a few clouds).

What I’m most excited about is the FE interior - confirmed that I’m sticking with my current configuration of Midnight exterior and FE interior. From my perspective I’d describe the FE as greenish grey. The dark wood looks unbelievable as well as a the headliner. People joke (i think) about the door thump…but for real, it is a very satisfying thump.

There was a gentleman there taking delivery of his LE R1T with launch green and FE. He let me sit in the back and take a look at it. I said “wow you must be pumped to be taking delivery” and his response was “not really man, I’m not one of those people who are crazy about these trucks. It’s just a depreciating asset” ………… told him I was one of those crazy people. To each their own, but I’m sure he is going to love his truck.

I also noticed that they extended the lot at the service center so it is pretty much twice the size. The original lot was completely full of R1T’s… no R1S yet.
Thanks @Denver_Dan glad to hear it was helpful. By the way, I did a follow-up with a bunch of color comparisons so please check that out (below). The Denver SC is a great resource - we have a few lucky factors: 4th biggest market (behind CA/NY/TX); open parking lot (at least for now); very chill people and security who are ok with us roaming around and taking photos. So, I try and take advantage as much as I can. Maybe we’ve bumped into each other there!

Pixelshot

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW eGolf
Occupation
Filmmaker
I stopped by yesterday and wanted to share a couple of insights, since I know some folks are too far away to easily swing over for a visit.

• There were about a dozen, maybe 15 trucks outside. No R1S's. I did not look to see what was inside the service area.
    • Mostly the standard colors. One Forrest Green. No yellow/red/limestone/black
    • All had BM interiors
  • Interesting array of Vins. I saw one in the 900s that indicated it was being prepared for delivery (had a "Ready for PDI" placard). And the highest I saw was 4,5XX.
  • I think every wheel type and size was out there so if you're still undecided, it's a good time to stop by
  • I spent some time looking at panel fitment, gaps, etc. on the exterior:
    • There was only one truck that I would have had trouble accepting for delivery - It had some terrible alignment on the passenger side, especially between the front and rear doors
    • They've slightly improved the shape of the hood in the later VINs. The lower the VIN, the more the hood was set-back on the front corners and the shape didn't line up with the fenders. VINs 3000+ seemed much better.
    • I saw no tiger-striping on the silver trucks, so hopefully that issue has been corrected
    • In general there's still some variance on gaps between different trucks, with some clearly better than others. That said, all but one were well within what I would consider to be the good enough to great, range. No concerns for me.
I swing by about once a week or so just to see if there's something new and cool to look at. If anyone ever want's me to check on something in particular, feel free to let me know.
@cohall If you have time, you may want to swing by this week. Several of the colors you missed are there (everything except yellow). In fact, the last two times I went by, there were carrier trucks unloading new ones!

OP
OP
Denver_Dan

Denver_Dan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
SaaS Sales
I get his point, but maybe he didn't realize it actually "appreciated" ~$50k the minute he drove it out of the lot?
I thought about mentioning that but wasn’t prepared for what type of convo it would turn into.

OP
OP
Denver_Dan

Denver_Dan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
SaaS Sales
Thanks @Denver_Dan glad to hear it was helpful. By the way, I did a follow-up with a bunch of color comparisons so please check that out (below). The Denver SC is a great resource - we have a few lucky factors: 4th biggest market (behind CA/NY/TX); open parking lot (at least for now); very chill people and security who are ok with us roaming around and taking photos. So, I try and take advantage as much as I can. Maybe we’ve bumped into each other there!
We haven’t yet! I thought about that while I was on my way there - I feel like I know you because I’ve watched all of your videos a few times each. I did see a white R1T driving down Wadsworth in Lakewood/Littleton couple weeks ago

Pixelshot

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW eGolf
Occupation
Filmmaker
We haven’t yet! I thought about that while I was on my way there - I feel like I know you because I’ve watched all of your videos a few times each. I did see a white R1T driving down Wadsworth in Lakewood/Littleton couple weeks ago
That may have been us but we don’t get out that way all too often. Must be another. If you haven’t had a chance to drive yet, send me a DM and we can get together!

OP
OP
Denver_Dan

Denver_Dan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
SaaS Sales
is it just me or do you guys find yourself changing your configuration a couple times per month? Every time I go to the service center I change my mind because I love all the colors. Saw the CR and CY today and took a video of all the trucks on the lot. Nothing we haven’t all seen yet but figured it’s a nice Sunday update.

(video won’t upload)screenshot pics below

Rivian R1T R1S Another update from Denver Rivian Center A52114FD-3A61-4693-8827-ADC9398DC98E
Rivian R1T R1S Another update from Denver Rivian Center BD5FFFCE-E548-4149-8BA5-D06B4B710CFB
Rivian R1T R1S Another update from Denver Rivian Center 8186BDB3-702C-4D32-9E1B-B731F4C8829A
Rivian R1T R1S Another update from Denver Rivian Center 6B225A97-D001-4FD8-83B6-923740439962
Rivian R1T R1S Another update from Denver Rivian Center 95751751-C19A-4239-ACB8-A06318E1EB5A
Rivian R1T R1S Another update from Denver Rivian Center F0E60580-DC10-4306-997B-73071E21E967
Rivian R1T R1S Another update from Denver Rivian Center A52114FD-3A61-4693-8827-ADC9398DC98E
Rivian R1T R1S Another update from Denver Rivian Center BD5FFFCE-E548-4149-8BA5-D06B4B710CFB
Rivian R1T R1S Another update from Denver Rivian Center 8186BDB3-702C-4D32-9E1B-B731F4C8829A
Rivian R1T R1S Another update from Denver Rivian Center 6B225A97-D001-4FD8-83B6-923740439962
Rivian R1T R1S Another update from Denver Rivian Center 95751751-C19A-4239-ACB8-A06318E1EB5A
Rivian R1T R1S Another update from Denver Rivian Center F0E60580-DC10-4306-997B-73071E21E967
Sponsored

Last edited: