First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Model X
Occupation
Physicist
The main reason I come to these forums, and rarely post, is to learn from those who know more than I do about subjects that are outside of my expertise. I believe a healthy discourse will help inform all of us and advance ideas and understanding. As long as the conversation is cordial and professional, I think we all benefit. If it gets personal and involves name calling, I'll stop following the thread. I've been around enough understand those who's opinions I value and those whom I will disregard. But as long as things are clean and productive. I'd like to learn from anyone on the forum.

Coast2Coast

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1981 Volvo wagn; 2006 Tacoma SR5; 2021 Toy Mirai
The main reason I come to these forums, and rarely post, is to learn from those who know more than I do about subjects that are outside of my expertise. I believe a healthy discourse will help inform all of us and advance ideas and understanding. As long as the conversation is cordial and professional, I think we all benefit. If it gets personal and involves name calling, I'll stop following the thread. I've been around enough understand those who's opinions I value and those whom I will disregard. But as long as things are clean and productive. I'd like to learn from anyone on the forum.
Let's keep it civil, inquisitive and professional. There's a lot to learn and good information is often hard to come by. Let's do what we can to keep moving forward.

Nordic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A6, BMW C650 Sport
I'm going to take electruck's suggestion and just start ignoring this gentleman. But I would like to address the broader question of how much science/engineering do you guys want here. I'm on a Cybertruck forum and frequently get comments that the explanations as to how things work are welcome. I've had no such comments here so perhaps it's not welcome here and I can try to tone it down.
You input is welcome from my perspective . I actually had commented before, although I did not respond directly to a post of yours AJ.

https://www.rivianforums.com/thread...-right-one-for-your-home.261/page-3#post-5489

As commented before my post, the whole point of these forums is to exchange ideas and information. AJ you bring a tremendous amount of technical knowledge to the discussion and it would be a shame if that went away. Challenging each other’s knowledge of a subject is a good thing, critical thought and reflection is important.

When I am not interested in a topic or response on ant forum, I simply just scroll by.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla XLR+2019, Lexus, Landcruiser, R1T
Occupation
EE Retired
I was just thinking a bit more about this car and it occurred to me that it is really a PHEV with the second fuel being hydrogen rather than petrol. Perhas that has been observed already. We have to give them credit for being innovative but will the idea sell? The second best selling electric vehicle in the US is a PHEV but its sales are 1/6 those of the Tesla Model 3) but from there you have to go down 5 places in the rankings before you hit another PHEV. Thus the question is as to whether the hybrid part of the market is declining, stable or just insignificant and whether people will want hybrids in the future.

Sponsored

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla XLR+2019, Lexus, Landcruiser, R1T
Occupation
EE Retired
Thanks for posting that. Should I find myself on Sardinia and in need of an orthodontist any time soon I'll know where to go.

[Edit]This would be puzzling, I'm sure, did I not point out that it was in response to a post, which has since been removed, containing nothing but a link to the website of an orthodontist on Sardinia.

Last edited:

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired