Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 335D, 1988 F-250, 1956 Dodge Power Wagon, 06VW
Occupation
Geezer
Clubs

The battery capacity/range for Jeff's trucks was specified by Amazon. Amazon has a lot of data/analytics on how far they drive, how many stops they make, blah blah blah. Rivian and Amazon worked together to come up with the specs on the vans. As it turns out, they do a lot of stop and go driving and not as many miles as you might think in one day. I'd love to see the analytics Amazon has on a typical urban/suburban delivery van. The vans do not have (and don't need) the range the SUV and truck has.
I learned last week Amazon has 40 vans in Glen Burnie MD. Word on the street is the drivers are brutal on the vehicles. Not the drivetrain, but doors, storage bins, etc. Check out a FedEx or
USPS truck. I think they might be modified HMMV's from
Iraq!!!!

TollKeeper

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Rivian R1S, 04 GMC Envoy XUV, 05 Saturn Relay 3
Occupation
Ast HR Director
Theres one of these parked at my local BigTruck body shops.. I will have to swing by and take pics. Been sitting there for 6ish months now.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Today I got to talk to my local driver who has been using one for the last couple weeks. He said there are only about 12 in use in our area right now. I didn't want to delay him so I didn't keep him long, but got the following out of him:
favorite thing: A/C!âť„
least favorite thing: "can't blast my music in there anymore":CWL:

Overall he said he loved it.

Sponsored

C12farmer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE vehicles
Today I got to talk to my local driver who has been using one for the last couple weeks. He said there are only about 12 in use in our area right now. I didn't want to delay him so I didn't keep him long, but got the following out of him:
favorite thing: A/C!âť„
least favorite thing: "can't blast my music in there anymore":CWL:

Overall he said he loved it.
He should learn from my Fedex driver. That guy must carry around his own portable boombox. I can feel my windows shaking when he pulls up to my house with the music blasting. Saves him from needing to ring the doorbell to come sign. :CWL:

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
He should learn from my Fedex driver. That guy must carry around his own portable boombox. I can feel my windows shaking when he pulls up to my house with the music blasting. Saves him from needing to ring the doorbell to come sign. :CWL:
I guess that's one way to do it!:giggle:
Sponsored