First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Jeep GC, Tesla Model X, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Tech
Apple CarPlay and Android Auto better be there. Love those features and they are a must have. They can additionally include Alexa Auto, but the other two are required. As is a Spotify app. Apple Music and Spotify is all I ever use for music. Well sometimes Sirius XM when out of cell service.

ElectricTrucking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Chevy Bolt
A base but good quality radio will suite me just fine. Only extra in the base would be a sub woofer to complete the sound.

Sponsored

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
I'm more interested in sound quality, and I hope there is a factory subwoofer(s) option.

@ElectricTrucking ...I totally agree about the hood!

fastwheels

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, C8 Z06, GT-350
I agree with skytote - give me a high quality sound system - I will happily supply a usb drive or sd card with my own music.

Brewbud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 20 Cummins, 05 Jeep LJR, 22 Range Rover Sport
I am hoping for a high-quality sound system. I haven't heard many factory systems that didn't need improvement. Production vehicles always seem to use cheaper versions of speakers even if they have a name brand on them. I always seem to drop a bunch of money into upgrading the sound system. I would also like to see Android Auto on there more for the traffic than the music. Almost all the heavy work is done by the phone. I have had it in my truck for 4 years now and I haven't had to update the head unit even once despite countless phone updates. I am not familiar with Apple Car Play but I assume it would be the same.

I also hope Rivian does a partnership with Gaia or another app maker with a good offroad mapping platform. Regular updates are important.

ElectricTrucking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Chevy Bolt
Rivian is welcome to offer a high-quality sound system but I won't pay for it as an option.
Sponsored