AC power outlets and air compressor

Hall Monitor

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi SQ5
I see there's three AC power outlets in the bed, anyone know they output? Are there any outlets in the cabin?

Also nice to have an air compressor in the bed with PSI reading. I just hope we'll be able to use it to air down easily too - punch in a lower PSI and it'll air down the tires to that exact PSI. How convenient would that be!

Rivian R1T R1S AC power outlets and air compressor Rivian-R1T-R1S-AC-Power-Outlets

Rivian R1T R1S AC power outlets and air compressor Rivian-R1T-R1S-onboard-air-compressor
Sponsored

Katsudon

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
That onboard air compressor is going to be handy for more than just inflating the tires. Think bicycles, balls, inflatable swim equipment, inflatable SUP (stand up paddle boards).

EyeOnRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X, Mitsubishi Endeavor. Pre-order: R1S LE
Are these options just for the pickup or will they also be available on the SUV?

DocTwinkie

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Acura RDX, 2014 Volvo XC60
Very cool. I know at least for my cpap when camping the DC power uses far less power than using the AC converter. Wonder if there is a DC plug back there or if the power conversion to AC is negligible. Either way for camping this is awesome. Put a rooftop tent on there and plug into the car for power.

Sponsored

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
I see there's three AC power outlets in the bed, anyone know they output? Are there any outlets in the cabin?

Also nice to have an air compressor in the bed with PSI reading. I just hope we'll be able to use it to air down easily too - punch in a lower PSI and it'll air down the tires to that exact PSI. How convenient would that be!

Rivian-R1T-R1S-AC-Power-Outlets.jpg

Rivian-R1T-R1S-onboard-air-compressor.jpg
I can't remember where I read/heard but I think they mentioned 450w total and 110v. No mention of in-cabin outlets, but I assume there will be USB at a minimum.

Jimmie311

First Name
Jimmie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6
Haven't seen interior cargo / trunk area photos of the R1S yet so dunno if it has it.
In the initial launch video, RJ indicates that both vehicles will feature the onboard air compressor and outlets. Skip to about 12:30:

Brewbud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 20 Cummins, 05 Jeep LJR, 22 Range Rover Sport
I would really like to see 12V output in the bed as well as the frunk and pass-through storage areas. I would prefer to run my ARB fridge from a 12V supply. It would be nice to charge other items stored in the storage areas too.

EyeOnRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X, Mitsubishi Endeavor. Pre-order: R1S LE
I can't remember where I read/heard but I think they mentioned 450w total and 110v.
FWIW, as I'm not sure of the posters true source, I read in an early post in a different forum that stated: "Three plugs of 400 Watts each, but still only a max. draw of 400 Watts. Why they don't just give us a shared 1,200 Watts is beyond me ... there are power tool chargers that exceed 400W, but would work fine with 1,200W"
Sponsored