A Questions for the Curious

loucetios

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota FJ, Toyota Spyder, Honda CRV
Occupation
Investor
I am starting a new thread for random and miscellaneous questions. Here is my curious question. Has anyone heard (pun intended) what the decibel level of the R1T horn? Being an off-road EV, it needs a decent audible horn. I can imagine a moose or other animals blocking my path when I’m in the backwoods. A typical car horn is between 110 – 110 dB. :angel:
Sponsored

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla XLR+2019, Lexus, Landcruiser, R1T
Occupation
EE Retired
RE what? I'm sure Rvian will buy a normal automobile horn that is compliant with the laws of the 50 states which I imagine are quite variable. I'd expect about 100 DBA at 10m.

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
I am starting a new thread for random and miscellaneous questions. Here is my curious question. Has anyone heard (pun intended) what the decibel level of the R1T horn? Being an off-road EV, it needs a decent audible horn. I can imagine a moose or other animals blocking my path when I’m in the backwoods. A typical car horn is between 110 – 110 dB. :angel:
There was a video with the R1T and a jeep going through the starting line in the rally where they both were honking their horns. Seemed to me that the R1T's was a little louder and more grave sound, but I can't seem to find the video.
Sponsored