First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Realtor
Thanks! I’m picking it up Tuesday. Step 8 is still locked, but I confirmed day/time via text. That said, I have the documents section to finish to get my banks ach letter in there, then wire them some dough. Might be that it won’t change till that’s done now
Just heard from the sc! Pickup Tuesday as well!
Sponsored

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model 3, SC Bronson
Occupation
Product Development

JGard18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Adv, 2023 Volvo XC40 Recharge
Occupation
Consultant
Did any of you have step 6 locked for a while? My 8 steps just opened up today, but I've completed 1-3. Insurance is pending a delivery date, per their recommendation, and step 5 is ongoing and I've uploaded everything needed thus far (except proof of insurance which it says it needs). So right now step 6 and on are still locked. I pinged my guide a moment ago, but it's after-hours

OP
OP
Mcfly Rivian

Mcfly Rivian

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Realtor
Did any of you have step 6 locked for a while? My 8 steps just opened up today, but I've completed 1-3. Insurance is pending a delivery date, per their recommendation, and step 5 is ongoing and I've uploaded everything needed thus far (except proof of insurance which it says it needs). So right now step 6 and on are still locked. I pinged my guide a moment ago, but it's after-hours
Whats step 6? My steps are gone now that my delivery appt is confirmed.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mcfly Rivian

Mcfly Rivian

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Realtor
I believe that will unlock once your insurance and other docs are accepted. If I remember correctly.

OP
OP
Mcfly Rivian

Mcfly Rivian

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Realtor
Also you have to complete your financing step. I think that's populates the purchase agreement.

jewwithguitar

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Step 6 opened up for me once I put in my financing details. It did not require the Insurance step to be completed (holding off until I have a delivery date).

OP
OP
Mcfly Rivian

Mcfly Rivian

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Realtor
Step 6 opened up for me once I put in my financing details. It did not require the Insurance step to be completed (holding off until I have a delivery date).
That's right, hold off on the insurance and step 7 until you have a delivery date. It won't block the sc from unlocking the 8th step, delivery.

JGard18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Adv, 2023 Volvo XC40 Recharge
Occupation
Consultant
Yeah I just uploaded a screenshot of my insurance quote from USAA for the insurance step. That opened up Step 6, so I could sign the PA. Now I'm just sitting on step 7 waiting for payment and step 8 is still locked. so I'm comfortable with where things are.

I was approved for Rivian's financing, but I'm still going to pursue the DCU loan since it's about 1% better a rate. Just waiting for the final approval from them. I needed to get through step 6 to get that PA to provide to DCU.

Sponsored

buckySB

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fiat 500e, Honda Ridgeline
Just heard from the sc! Pickup Tuesday as well!
I picked up my truck on Friday, 8/12 everything went smoothly and so far so good after 300 miles put on this weekend. I snapped this pic while at the El Segundo SC - I think this might be your truck on the charger. I'm surprised they didn't have more trucks on the lot. A handful of them were really dusty like they had been sitting there a while and many had license plates so I think they must belong to employees.

Rivian R1T R1S 8th step locked question 1660508364944

OP
OP
Mcfly Rivian

Mcfly Rivian

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Realtor
I picked up my truck on Friday, 8/12 everything went smoothly and so far so good after 300 miles put on this weekend. I snapped this pic while at the El Segundo SC - I think this might be your truck on the charger. I'm surprised they didn't have more trucks on the lot. A handful of them were really dusty like they had been sitting there a while and many had license plates so I think they must belong to employees.

1660508364944.png
Thanks for the pic! Good to hear it went smooth. Any cosmetic or other issues noticed on your truck? I'm scheduled to pick mine up this Tuesday.

buckySB

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fiat 500e, Honda Ridgeline
No cosmetic issues at all. The guy that gave me the tutorial on the truck said they are coming to the SC in much better shape riding on the train versus trucks. He did say that he had a delivery earlier in the week with a dent on the door unfortunately, but mine was clean. There is a lot to learn with these trucks - all the modes and settings, etc. and for me the one pedal driving was a definite adjustment - I got plenty of practice though on the way home to Santa Barbara driving on PCH. Picking up my truck was the first time I had ever seen one in person. Despite all the issues that get reported on the forum they are definitely a high end quality designed vehicle that definitely feels and drives that way.

OP
OP
Mcfly Rivian

Mcfly Rivian

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Realtor
No cosmetic issues at all. The guy that gave me the tutorial on the truck said they are coming to the SC in much better shape riding on the train versus trucks. He did say that he had a delivery earlier in the week with a dent on the door unfortunately, but mine was clean. There is a lot to learn with these trucks - all the modes and settings, etc. and for me the one pedal driving was a definite adjustment - I got plenty of practice though on the way home to Santa Barbara driving on PCH. Picking up my truck was the first time I had ever seen one in person. Despite all the issues that get reported on the forum they are definitely a high end quality designed vehicle that definitely feels and drives that way.
Great to hear all is good. Hanging out on the forums you hear the good but alot of the bad. Crazy that's the first time you've seen one! I bet you got tons of attention on that drive back.
Sponsored