$7,500 Difference in Trims

tx_rivian

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Edit: there is a link on the R1T page on the very bottom right that compares the different variants.

After reviewing the site, i don't see where there's $7,500 difference in options. Can someone explain what they think they are.

I'm guessing: motorized tonneau (i don't care), and gear secure are the top two, but I don't seethe cost validation.

Let me know your thoughts and speculations.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6 FE, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Self-Employed: Real Estate Management
After reviewing the site, i don't see where there's $7,500 difference in options. Can someone explain what they think they are.

I'm guessing: motorized tonneau (i don't care), and gear secure are the top two, but I don't seethe cost validation.

I had to guess, which I guess we all are haha: besides what you already mentioned, I would say more hard plastics, maybe different seats, headliner, maybe different wheels as well.

RT1for Bill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian Blue R1S
Occupation
engineer
I had to guess, which I guess we all are haha: besides what you already mentioned, I would say more hard plastics, maybe different seats, headliner, maybe different wheels as well.
Rivian R1T R1S $7,500 Difference in Trims 1605144374703

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE

Upgraded seats (ventilated and perforated)
Upgraded audio (Rivian Elevation 360 vice standard surround)
Wooden dash (ash vs plastic)
Gear Guard
Off-Road package
microfiber headliner
upgraded floormats

Seems like a reasonable price for those upgrades.

OP
OP
tx_rivian

tx_rivian

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning

Sponsored

OP
OP
tx_rivian

tx_rivian

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Gear Guard
Off-Road package
microfiber headliner
upgraded floormats

I didn't see anything about a few of the points you made here in the site? E.g. headliner and floor mats

OP
OP
tx_rivian

tx_rivian

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
Gear Guard
Off-Road package
microfiber headliner
upgraded floormats

+Adjustable Passenger lumbar, Compass Yellow interior accents, patterned vs performance seat stitching

Pherdnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mazda CX-9
I think the off-road package is probably not cheap. In addition to the bonus under-armor, and the tow hooks, it might also cover sealing the interior for water-fording.

Sponsored

OP
OP
tx_rivian

tx_rivian

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I think the off-road package is probably not cheap. In addition to the bonus under-armor, and the tow hooks, it might also cover sealing the interior for water-fording.
Shouldn't the battery be protected already? So maybe we're looking at skid guards on other components?

I think the waterfording is for all versions.

Pherdnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mazda CX-9
Shouldn't the battery be protected already? So maybe we're looking at skid guards on other components?

I think the waterfording is for all versions.
You might be right, but Brian Gase said a lonnng time ago in an interview sealing the truck up for that would be an option.

Ssaygmo

First Name
Sage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt
You might be right, but Brian Gase said a lonnng time ago in an interview sealing the truck up for that would be an option.
This would be a good question for someone to ask and get an official answer. Basically, what does the off-road package entail? Is it a full length extra under body skid plate? Strong enough for the truck to sit on a rock? (Or basically, strong enough to be used as a jack point...) Rock guards on the sills are actually one of the most important parts of actual off-roaders, it’s one of the first places to get damaged when crawling around rock strewn trails.

Coast2Coast

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1981 Volvo wagn; 2006 Tacoma SR5; 2021 Toy Mirai
Pricing trim differences. There's $7500 between Explorer and Adventure levels, right? I have a hard time getting there, to that delta, though I haven't bought a new car in 15 years and I've never owned a "luxury" vehicle.

Here are some guesses. Upgraded seats $1750; upgraded audio $750; wooden dash $300; gear guard $200; off-road package $2000; microfiber headliner $250; upgraded floor mats $150; passenger lumbar $200; yellow accents $150; performance stitching $200. This adds up to $5950.

As I said, I'm not confident in my guesses, and I don't know whether I should be thinking wholesale or retail pricing. Retail, I guess, because these are prices Rivian is charging us.

With LE wheels and rims upgrade, it's easy to get to a $7500 price difference.

This might be Rivian's thinking. Let's incentive folks to go for the LE. So, a $7500 upcharge from the Explorer to Adventurer may be hard to justify though, as I said, I have no idea what these sorts of upgrades should go for.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Pricing trim differences. There's $7500 between Explorer and Adventure levels, right? I have a hard time getting there, to that delta, though I haven't bought a new car in 15 years and I've never owned a "luxury" vehicle.

Here are some guesses. Upgraded seats $1750; upgraded audio $750; wooden dash $300; gear guard $200; off-road package $2000; microfiber headliner $250; upgraded floor mats $150; passenger lumbar $200; yellow accents $150; performance stitching $200. This adds up to $5950.

As I said, I'm not confident in my guesses, and I don't know whether I should be thinking wholesale or retail pricing. Retail, I guess, because these are prices Rivian is charging us.

With LE wheels and rims upgrade, it's easy to get to a $7500 price difference.

This might be Rivian's thinking. Let's incentive folks to go for the LE. So, a $7500 upcharge from the Explorer to Adventurer may be hard to justify though, as I said, I have no idea what these sorts of upgrades should go for.
I agree that from what they have shared it may be a bit hard to justify the incremental price. There is so much variability in pricing that it's really hard to wager a guess without knowing more specifics from Rivian. As points of reference, a 22" wheel/tire upgrade package can run over $4k with some manufacturers and Volvo's Bowers & Wilkins Premium Sound upgrade is $3200.
Sponsored