First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
You are correct. The large amount of chargers at Best Western are Tesla Superchargers, and thanks to forum members I was aware of the limitations on the adapter. I’m actually sitting in my R1T right now checking the charge rate on a Tesla Destination Charger near my home in Lincoln City. It allowed me to pull 24mi/hr of charge, which will be fine for the Mt Shasta to Susanville, CA part of my trip if I need to “top off” overnight.

I may try to use the ChargePoint charger in the parking lot of the shopping center there, but the area can get a bit sketchy at night. If I do use it while having dinner nearby I will be making very frequent checks on my R1T.
I would verify the Teslatap adapter you purchased is rated for 48 amps, that would be what you are pulling if you are getting 24 miles per hour. Some of them are only rated to 40 amps.
Sponsored

SteveInBend

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 El Cap R1T
Occupation
Retired
I would verify the Teslatap adapter you purchased is rated for 48 amps, that would be what you are pulling if you are getting 24 miles per hour. Some of them are only rated to 40 amps.
I hate to sound snippy, but don't people read anymore?

Acoustic71, in an earlier post in this same thread, wrote:

If the link does not work, you can search for this on Amazon:
Lectron [Only for J1772 EVs Tesla to J1772 Charging Adapter, Max 48 Amp & 250V - Compatible with Tesla High Powered Connectors, Destination Chargers, and Mobile Connectors (Black)