First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
sales manager
Would you also be able to send me a message about your admin experience? I'm looking at bringing a Rivian to Switzerland, so it would be useful to get a sense all these bureaucratic headaches ahead of time!
You have to make sure you have the right papers regarding homologation, I don't know much about Switzerland and inspection.
I can send you the contact details of the ones I used for TÛV in Germany
Sponsored

jpjh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo P1800, Subaru XV
You have to make sure you have the right papers regarding homologation, I don't know much about Switzerland and inspection.
I can send you the contact details of the ones I used for TÛV in Germany
That would be a great starting point, thanks!

As far as I know the Swiss authorities would be satisfied with the TÜV paperwork/knowledge. Now the other thing I'd have to do is find a way to "jailbreak" the car so that I could install a European eSim instead!

allan88

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
sales manager
That would be a great starting point, thanks!

As far as I know the Swiss authorities would be satisfied with the TÜV paperwork/knowledge. Now the other thing I'd have to do is find a way to "jailbreak" the car so that I could install a European eSim instead!
I am working on the eSim also, let me know if you find a solution.
You have more info on your PM.

jpjh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo P1800, Subaru XV
Thanks for the information you sent. Very helpful!

Alas, I'm not sufficiently technically minded to find a workaround for the eSim. I suppose the least worst solution might be to use a portable hotspot type device to ensure connectivity on the road...

Ramstack

First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LX470, Land Cruiser 150
Occupation
Business Owner
We have a group chat of Rivian owners in Costa Rica witha 14 members, but so far haven't heard of any of them driving down from the U.S. I do know of people driving from Guatemala to Costa Rica in an EV, so at least that part is doable, but not sure about crossing all of Mexico--that might be more of a challenge.
How can I access the CR Rivian Owners group? I am considering purchasing and shipping a R1S but would like to chat with some owners about challenges and benefit

Sponsored

oak202

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, LE, Blue, 20" ATs
Occupation
Self Employed
many thanks to @allan88 on the tip for changing our rear tail lamps to amber - just finished swapping out the new ones and they work great.

STAGR1T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Freight Logistics
I can PM you his contact information.
Tail lamps must be sent to him, you should probably expect an 8-10 day turnaround.

It should be possible to reprogram the telematics control module with new e-sim data.... I'm working on it....

Can you PM me more information about getting this done?

Aem

First Name
Aem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S quad
Occupation
Trader
Thanks for the information you sent. Very helpful!

Alas, I'm not sufficiently technically minded to find a workaround for the eSim. I suppose the least worst solution might be to use a portable hotspot type device to ensure connectivity on the road...
Hello,
I imported an R1S quadmotors to Morocco. I also use it a lot in Spain.
I could not find the solution for the connectivity. I use a hotspot when iam parked to plan routes or update the software, but as soon as the car is driving, the car stops the connection to the hotspot. I would be very greatfull if you can share any update on esims or jailbreaking the software to fix this issue.
Thank you very much.

Aem

First Name
Aem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S quad
Occupation
Trader
Hello Allan
Thank you for sharing all that knowledge.
Hello,
I could not find the solution for the connectivity. I would be very greatfull if you can share any update on esims or jailbreaking the software to fix this issue.
Thank you very much.

jpjh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo P1800, Subaru XV
Hello,
I could not find the solution for the connectivity. I use a hotspot when iam parked to plan routes or update the software, but as soon as the car is driving, the car stops the connection to the hotspot. I would be very greatfull if you can share any update on esims or jailbreaking the software to fix this issue.
Thank you very much.
Hello! I've not found any further information to jailbreak the car, unfortunately. I am hopeful that when Rivian comes to Europe it may allow the kind of necessary software updates for connectivity on this side of the Atlantic.

Sponsored

NotRegistered

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Hey @jpjh, I have imported my R1S to Switzerland and have all documentation to get it road legal – as soon as it's back from the NYC service center where the park brake failure is being repaired. Shoot me a DM if you need anything.

jpjh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo P1800, Subaru XV
Hey @jpjh, I have imported my R1S to Switzerland and have all documentation to get it road legal – as soon as it's back from the NYC service center where the park brake failure is being repaired. Shoot me a DM if you need anything.
This is very exciting news — I had just learnt through the Facebook group that there was a Rivian in Switzerland and it's even more exciting to have this confirmation. I'll DM you shortly.

oak202

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, LE, Blue, 20" ATs
Occupation
Self Employed
Well this escalated quickly 😭

Unfortunately we've had to move back to the US to be closer to my family, so I am no longer an official a Euro-Rivian Owner

Luckily I believe there is still another Rivian in Ireland, so hope is not lost for the Emerald Isle 💚

We've learned so much during this process and if we can help others feel free to reach out.

Rivian R1T R1S Master List of Exported Rivians PXL_20240223_125929498

NotRegistered

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S

Unfortunately we've had to move back to the US to be closer to my family, so I am no longer an official a Euro-Rivian Owner.
I guess we need a new "Master list of re-imported Rivians", then? 😉

Enjoy your new peace of mind being close to service centers again!

rivian_germany

First Name
D-Rok
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 R1T, '22 M3LR, '09 Honda Odyssey
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Unfortunately we've had to move back to the US to be closer to my family, so I am no longer an official a Euro-Rivian Owner

Luckily I believe there is still another Rivian in Ireland, so hope is not lost for the Emerald Isle 💚

We've learned so much during this process and if we can help others feel free to reach out.

PXL_20240223_125929498.jpg
Sorry to hear about you having to move back! Strange enough, I need to move back this summer too! Not sure if I will sell the Rivian in Germany or keep it. I have a R1S preorder with pre-price-raise pricing so I might try to use that.
Sponsored