Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.weistec.com
Vehicles
Rivian R1T & R1S
Occupation
Engineering

Join OPTIMA Unplugged powered by Clarios and presented by DCE in the ultimate gathering of all electrified enthusiasts at King of the Hammers 2024 in Johnson City, CA. Register your ALL Wheel Drive EV/Hybrid vehicle and join an off-the-grid gathering and poker run to some of the most iconic Johnson Valley landmarks with checkpoints along the way.

When:

• Thursday, Feb 01 @ 10:00 am Novice
  • Friday, Feb 02 @ 7:00 am Expert
Where:

• Meet at the OPTIMA Oasis at the Forty
Who:

• Any All Wheel Drive EV/Hybrid vehicle

Excursion will end at 4pm. Lunch and Beverages will be provided.

Experience the thrill of sustainable off-roading at the 2nd annual OPTIMA Unplugged Powered by Clarios during the 2024 King of the Hammers week. Hosted at the new OPTIMA Oasis – a 10-acre private, gated facility powered entirely by renewable clean energy – this event is where adventure meets innovation in the stunning landscape of Johnson Valley. Electric and hybrid vehicle enthusiasts are invited to join us for two exciting days of trail rides, designed for both beginners and advanced drivers.
With the purchase of a two-day pass, immerse yourself in an eco-conscious journey featuring unlimited EV charging, comfortable camping with restrooms and showers, evening entertainment, and a full spread of meals. Engage with industry leaders and influencers shaping the future of sustainable off-roading. The Ultimate Package two-day/night pass is now available for purchase, and in case of availability, one-day passes may be offered if the full packages do not sell out. Early sign-up for the Ultimate Package is recommended due to high demand.
The Ultimate Package unlocks private VIP access to the OPTIMA Oasis, including:

• Full Access to King of the Hammers ($100 value per person)
  • Organized trail rides led by OPTIMA Ambassadors such as Tanner Foust, Vaughn Gittin Jr, and Gardner Nichols. Thursday offers a mellow beginner ride, providing an overview of Johnson Valley, while Friday presents a more advanced ride testing off-road skills and equipment.
  • Thursday during the drivers meeting Matt Gaskins will provide instruction on Off-Roading: The Fundamentals. On Friday Matt will cover Off Roading: Next Steps.
  • An Ultimate Swag bag filled with gear from OPTIMA and partners.
  • Thursday lunch and dinner, along with Friday breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
  • Luxury trailer restrooms (no porta-potties!) conveniently located within the OPTIMA Oasis camping area.
  • On-site private showers.
  • A reserved 30X20 overnight dry camp space for Thursday and Friday night.
  • Free charging 24/7 for electric and hybrid vehicles.
  • Private access to the exclusive Trailer Park Drift presented by Tanner Foust on Thursday night, featuring electric Crazy carts under a big, heated tent, showcasing some of the world's best professional drifters competing for the big championship.
  • Private access to an exclusive concert on Friday night.
Don't just observe the future of off-roading—be an integral part of it at the 2024 OPTIMA Unplugged Powered by Clarios, where your passion for adventure drives our commitment to sustainability.
Cost: $350 for truck and driver, $150 for one additional passenger – dogs are free! Secure your spot now for an unforgettable off-road experience that combines adventure, sustainability, and camaraderie.

Follow this link to sign up! https://www.optimaoasis.com/optima-unplugged-2024

Rivian R1T R1S Optima Unplugged Powered By Clarios Presented By DCE @ February 1-2 Youtube thumb nails
Sponsored

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

I’m registered 👍🏼

• Love
Reactions: DCE

Sponsored

SPITmadFIRE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 R1S DPM Max Pack 20" AT
Looks awesome! Unfortunately won't be able to make it.

As a complete aside, does OPTIMA even make products for Rivians? I'm a big fan of yellowtop AGMs in my ICE vehicles but am completely unaware of any Rivian compatible 12V options.

Spork8

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Looks awesome! Unfortunately won't be able to make it.

As a complete aside, does OPTIMA even make products for Rivians? I'm a big fan of yellowtop AGMs in my ICE vehicles but am completely unaware of any Rivian compatible 12V options.
I used to work for Clarios when they were still part of Johnson Controls. Clarios does make Li-Ion batteries which when I was there were made for Mercedes plus some other OEM's not in the automotive market or companies that altered vehicles (electric inboard/offboard motors, forklifts, converting Ford Transits to BEVs, bucket lifts, etc.). Last I heard from some friends still working in that facility, they've switched to non-automotive applications. I think they said they were looking to make 12V/24V/48V packs in addition to other massive packs.

Sponsored

OP
OP
DCE

DCE

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.weistec.com
Vehicles
Rivian R1T & R1S
Occupation
Engineering

Revtruk

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T / 2012 Chevy Volt
Occupation
Cameraman
Clubs

I loved this event last year, thank you and I'm really looking forward to it again this year.

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

Photos from day One (Feb-1)

Rivian R1T R1S Optima Unplugged Powered By Clarios Presented By DCE @ February 1-2 IMG_2878

Rivian R1T R1S Optima Unplugged Powered By Clarios Presented By DCE @ February 1-2 IMG_2779

Rivian R1T R1S Optima Unplugged Powered By Clarios Presented By DCE @ February 1-2 IMG_2780

Rivian R1T R1S Optima Unplugged Powered By Clarios Presented By DCE @ February 1-2 IMG_2819

Rivian R1T R1S Optima Unplugged Powered By Clarios Presented By DCE @ February 1-2 IMG_2833

Rivian R1T R1S Optima Unplugged Powered By Clarios Presented By DCE @ February 1-2 IMG_2836

Rivian R1T R1S Optima Unplugged Powered By Clarios Presented By DCE @ February 1-2 IMG_2846

Rivian R1T R1S Optima Unplugged Powered By Clarios Presented By DCE @ February 1-2 IMG_2848

Rivian R1T R1S Optima Unplugged Powered By Clarios Presented By DCE @ February 1-2 IMG_2861

Rivian R1T R1S Optima Unplugged Powered By Clarios Presented By DCE @ February 1-2 IMG_2867

Rivian R1T R1S Optima Unplugged Powered By Clarios Presented By DCE @ February 1-2 IMG_2884

Rivian R1T R1S Optima Unplugged Powered By Clarios Presented By DCE @ February 1-2 IMG_2878
Sponsored