Sponsored

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

Did the same last weekend but went retro style Christmas lights.

Manual tonneau left just enough space for the cord to make it to the outlet too 😉 Those Rivian engineers, always thinking!

Also, was kinda cool a couple days ago, had a new neighbor come up with her dog while I was out with the truck, and remarked how she thought it was really nice, and brought a smile to her face at the end of the day. Long story short, do it for your neighbors 😎

Rivian R1T R1S Spread Holiday Cheer with LED lights! 20231206_170411

Rivian R1T R1S Spread Holiday Cheer with LED lights! 20231206_165942

Rivian R1T R1S Spread Holiday Cheer with LED lights! 20231206_170001

Rivian R1T R1S Spread Holiday Cheer with LED lights! 20231202_153749

Doctorjorts

First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Surgeon
Clubs

Those of us, with the R1S are out of luck unless we have crossbars! I zip tied mine to the crossbar anchors but still need a way to make them more visible!

Last edited:

Sponsored

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

Those of us, with the R1S lucked out unless we have crossbars! I zip tied mine to the crossbar anchors but still need a way to make them more visible!
Thought about running a small white mini set along the roof where the anchors are with zip ties too, but haven't gotten there yet. This weekend maybe!

Sevn86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 BMW X5 M Sport
Occupation
Sales
Has anyone done this on their R1S? I have the crossbars. For now I just have the red nose.

Rivian R1T R1S Spread Holiday Cheer with LED lights! IMG_0910

Sponsored

PeterSK

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 FG/FE R1S, 2020 Model Y
Occupation
Retired / board director
Clubs

I got a 5W LED string at Target that’s 22 feet long. Ran an extension cord from the 2nd row outlet through the driver’s seat back pocket and up out between the two doors. I taped it down to the B pillar to come up right between the doors - seems fairly protected by the door gaskets. Then twist tied it inside the front bar and ran the lights from there, looping them a bit around each bar and twist tying them to the middle mount points on each side. It just makes the full loop. Nice that I can set the outlet to stay on for a few hours in the evening in my driveway.

Edit to add: unfortunately the only extension cord I had on hand was white - you can see it running up from the doors to the bar.
Rivian R1T R1S Spread Holiday Cheer with LED lights! IMG_5906