Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

WOOHOO!! Got access to the R1 Shop today!
Several Rivian Blue‘s that are exactly like my old truck, minus the power tonneau.

Hopefully insurance comes through tomorrow and I can place an order.
Sadly, no Launch Greens.. Can’t win them all.
Sponsored

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

WOOHOO!! Got access to the R1 Shop today!
Several Rivian Blue‘s that are exactly like my old truck, minus the power tonneau.

Hopefully insurance comes through tomorrow and I can place an order.
Sadly, no Launch Greens.. Can’t win them all.
I see 3, 2 with black ATs and one with black 22s.

Rivian R1T R1S Still dealing with insurance but ordered a new R1T Screenshot_20230716-180836

What specific combo are you looking for?

Ralph

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
OP
OP
Sgt Beavis

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

I see 3, 2 with black ATs and one with black 22s.

Screenshot_20230716-180836.png

What specific combo are you looking for?
Yea, none for me but I’m in Denver. Also, I see that one has the original pricing. Did you reserve a Launch Edition back before they closed ordering for them? That could be the reason you see it in your R1 shop. I never ordered a launch edition.

I’m looking for Quad Motor, large battery, All Terrain package with the standard offroad wheels.

It’s not a big deal if I can’t get one. I’ll be perfectly happy with another Rivian Blue. But if I can get Launch Green, I’ll jump at it.

There are two used LG R1Ts for sale in my area. As I’ve said, it depends on what my insurance does. If they don’t pay out enough for a new R1T, I’ll get a used LG.

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Yea, none for me but I’m in Denver. Also, I see that one has the original pricing. Did you reserve a Launch Edition back before they closed ordering for them? That could be the reason you see it in your R1 shop. I never ordered a launch edition.

I’m looking for Quad Motor, large battery, All Terrain package with the standard offroad wheels.

It’s not a big deal if I can’t get one. I’ll be perfectly happy with another Rivian Blue. But if I can get Launch Green, I’ll jump at it.

There are two used LG R1Ts for sale in my area. As I’ve said, it depends on what my insurance does. If they don’t pay out enough for a new R1T, I’ll get a used LG.
I have pre-March 1st (🎗Never Forget🎗) pricing, but didn't get a Launch Edition on #2. It lets me search by Launch Green paint. Does that show for you? If so, it must be a geographic filter.

Rivian R1T R1S Still dealing with insurance but ordered a new R1T Screenshot_20230716-192640~2

Sponsored

OP
OP
Sgt Beavis

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

I have pre-March 1st (🎗Never Forget🎗) pricing, but didn't get a Launch Edition on #2. It lets me search by Launch Green paint. Does that show for you? If so, it must be a geographic filter.

Screenshot_20230716-192640~2.png
No, it’s not available. That color is crossed out.
Do you know how often they add new trucks?

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

No, it’s not available. That color is crossed out.
Do you know how often they add new trucks?
Interesting, I wonder why. Only full ocean coast is crossed out for me, a few things greyed, more detailed screenshot below.

I don't, but I'm also checking multiple times daily looking for my unicorn.

Rivian R1T R1S Still dealing with insurance but ordered a new R1T Screenshot_20230716-193909~2

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

I saw these today, how about you?

Seems like a big truck dump, only 4 SUVs left in the shop for me.

Rivian R1T R1S Still dealing with insurance but ordered a new R1T Screenshot_20230717-182011~2

Rivian R1T R1S Still dealing with insurance but ordered a new R1T Screenshot_20230717-181914~3

Rivian R1T R1S Still dealing with insurance but ordered a new R1T Screenshot_20230717-181914~2

AbhorViolence

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 VW GTI, 1998 Toyota Tacoma

You can still get a Launch Edition from the shop even if you didn't originally order a LE. This is what I ended up doing. It means I got the AT wheels and Forest Edge interior free. Saved $3600 (vs my already early pricing).

How many trucks are in the shop for you? When I selected mine almost a month ago, there was a huge dump shortly before and it was up to almost 500 trucks. They seem to add at random. Sometimes in the middle of the night (I was checking multiple times a day at all hours).

So there's a good chance you can find a LE in the config you want that's not necessarily Launch Green. And save money. Maybe the money thing doesn't matter in your case if insurance is paying for it. But others should know this.

Only gotcha is it can't be the whole "All Terrain Package" that you mentioned (which includes the wheels, RUS, and spare), or you'll be charged the full amount for that package even on LE. But it can be the 20" wheels and the RUS as separate options like in the case of mine. Can be any color too.

You can get a spare later and save a lot of $.

Acoustic71

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC70; 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Project Manager
Today I got a bit fed up with Nationwide. They’ve been taking way to long to get our claim settled so I can get into a new R1T. They stated it’s taking a long time to get the assessment done so they can determine the final payout.

For those that don’t know. Our truck was totaled after an accident on June 3rd. Details here: https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/threads/were-ok-but-our-r1t-is-not-rear-ended-accident.15777/

Anyways, I emailed [email protected] about my situation and boy howdy they jumped on it. I should have done this earlier in the week. They promise this should all get resolved by Monday. Meanwhile I was instructed to go ahead and order a new. R1T, so I did exactly that..

So.. a new R1T coming…. s00n 😁

This insurance process has been fairly long. The biggest part of the wait was getting the collision center to create an estimate for my truck so we could see if it would be totaled or not. There are only two Rivian certified collision centers in the Denver area and Jewell Collision had eight other Rivians on their lot when mine showed up. There ere also a lot of other vehicles as well so taking a long time with an estimate is very understandable. The value assessment is the irritating part for me. The truck was written off as totaled over a week ago and you’d think they’d have the value assessment done by now. IMO, perhaps Rivian needs some improvement in the communication process with Nationwide.

Anyways, if you have Rivian/Nationwide Insurance and you’re having issues, use that [email protected] email. It took them just over an hour to get back to me with a progress report.
Rick,

It seems that there more than a few things in play here with Nationwide and other carriers. This is one of the reasons why I kept asking questions to anyone who sadly experienced an accident that may or may not have totaled their R1T or R1S. I wasn't trying to be jerk, but I was attempting to get as much info as possible regarding insuring a Rivian.

My wife switched our home over to Progressive two years ago, and it seemed OK. When I bought my R1T I was sceptical of the Rivian/Nationwide connection. That scepticism cost us a ton of money, as Progressive ran up the tab on coverage without explaining at all what exactly they covered. Let me explain. We live on the coast in Oregon, just west of Salem. The local insurance agents won't just do Auto/Home/Umbrella unless you are a Life/Health/STD/LTD client. It's a complete joke. Even of you find one that will help, they take a nice fee on top of the policy. It's a pretty messed up system when you live "in the sticks".

As I gained more knowledge of the current state of insuring a vehicle as expensive to own and repair as a Rivian R1T, I realized I had messed up royally in using a company such as Progressive - one that only uses Actual Cash Value in determining the buyout of your totaled vehicle. The worst part for me was that the Progressive web site buries the Declaration Pages behind several other links. It is really annoying and aggravating to try and find the details of your coverage. It begs the question - what are they trying to hide?

The final straw was the notification that our combined Auto coverage for the next six months was increasing by 8% without any hint of why. In addition, I could not get or see the new Declaration Pages until after the automatic payment was made. WHAT? I am forced to pay first, then see what the coverage is, or why the policy pricing increased? Yeah, that's a big "NO" for me.

I first tried to contact Nationwide on my own. I got nowhere. No one I spoke to knew a thing about RCV vs ACV, and insisted that such coverage, even "replacement plus", did not exist. Huh. Strange, as folks here have mentioned having such coverage.

I reached out to [email protected]. I wrote a detailed request and had a detailed response. But they still did not comprehend our own situation. We don't mind bundling policies up to a point, but joint policies imply joint ownership by default. Oregon is one of a few non-community property states in the US. Simply stated that means we do not share assets and liabilities unless we chose to do so. My wife and I decided to keep it this way as we both came into our marriage with our own pools of assets, and our own pool of corresponding debt and/or obligations. This is not uncommon when people join in marriage and they are not spring chickens.

I called on a Friday, hoping to at least leave a message. Hilariously, I got a recorded message from Tony saying "Sorry we missed you", and then the line went dead. Thinking I must have done something wrong, I called again - three more times. Same thing - disconnected call. I tried one more time and left a hurried message before the line went dead. I gave up.

Within five minutes I received not one, but two phone calls from the Rivian Insurance team. I had forgotten that Rivian likes to hold their weekly/monthly team meetings on Fridays. There are only six real people on the team for [email protected], so be persistent, but patient. Once you make contact with someone, the results are amazing.

Jay, our Rivian insurance agent, knows his stuff. It is through him that we discovered that Nationwide has pulled back it's coverage in Oregon and other states, and no longer offers RCV in those areas. Just when I thought we couldn't get what I wanted, Jay asked if we would consider Cincinnati Insurance. They cater to more high-end clients who need and want higher coverage. Experience has taught us that that low-cost insurance isn't worth the risk, so I told him to get a quote.

To our surprise, Cincinnati's better coverage, and more detailed coverage, was actually less than what we are currently paying for Progressive, and Cincinnati accepted my R1T as "new", even though I took delivery in August 2022. I'm not saying this will be for everyone, but I highly recommend you reach out to the Rivian Insurance team at [email protected] .

Sorry for the long rant. I just thought my experience might help someone here.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Sgt Beavis

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

Rick,

It seems that there more than a few things in play here with Nationwide and other carriers. This is one of the reasons why I kept asking questions to anyone who sadly experienced an accident that may or may not have totaled their R1T or R1S. I wasn't trying to be jerk, but I was attempting to get as much info as possible regarding insuring a Rivian.

My wife switched our home over to Progressive two years ago, and it seemed OK. When I bought my R1T I was sceptical of the Rivian/Nationwide connection. That scepticism cost us a ton of money, as Progressive ran up the tab on coverage without explaining at all what exactly they covered. Let me explain. We live on the coast in Oregon, just west of Salem. The local insurance agents won't just do Auto/Home/Umbrella unless you are a Life/Health/STD/LTD client. It's a complete joke. Even of you find one that will help, they take a nice fee on top of the policy. It's a pretty messed up system when you live "in the sticks".

As I gained more knowledge of the current state of insuring a vehicle as expensive to own and repair as a Rivian R1T, I realized I had messed up royally in using a company such as Progressive - one that only uses Actual Cash Value in determining the buyout of your totaled vehicle. The worst part for me was that the Progressive web site buries the Declaration Pages behind several other links. It is really annoying and aggravating to try and find the details of your coverage. It begs the question - what are they trying to hide?

The final straw was the notification that our combined Auto coverage for the next six months was increasing by 8% without any hint of why. In addition, I could not get or see the new Declaration Pages until after the automatic payment was made. WHAT? I am forced to pay first, then see what the coverage is, or why the policy pricing increased? Yeah, that's a big "NO" for me.

I first tried to contact Nationwide on my own. I got nowhere. No one I spoke to knew a thing about RCV vs ACV, and insisted that such coverage, even "replacement plus", did not exist. Huh. Strange, as folks here have mentioned having such coverage.

I reached out to [email protected]. I wrote a detailed request and had a detailed response. But they still did not comprehend our own situation. We don't mind bundling policies up to a point, but joint policies imply joint ownership by default. Oregon is one of a few non-community property states in the US. Simply stated that means we do not share assets and liabilities unless we chose to do so. My wife and I decided to keep it this way as we both came into our marriage with our own pools of assets, and our own pool of corresponding debt and/or obligations. This is not uncommon when people join in marriage and they are not spring chickens.

I called on a Friday, hoping to at least leave a message. Hilariously, I got a recorded message from Tony saying "Sorry we missed you", and then the line went dead. Thinking I must have done something wrong, I called again - three more times. Same thing - disconnected call. I tried one more time and left a hurried message before the line went dead. I gave up.

Within five minutes I received not one, but two phone calls from the Rivian Insurance team. I had forgotten that Rivian likes to hold their weekly/monthly team meetings on Fridays. There are only six real people on the team for [email protected], so be persistent, but patient. Once you make contact with someone, the results are amazing.

Jay, our Rivian insurance agent, knows his stuff. It is through him that we discovered that Nationwide has pulled back it's coverage in Oregon and other states, and no longer offers RCV in those areas. Just when I thought we couldn't get what I wanted, Jay asked if we would consider Cincinnati Insurance. They cater to more high-end clients who need and want higher coverage. Experience has taught us that that low-cost insurance isn't worth the risk, so I told him to get a quote.

To our surprise, Cincinnati's better coverage, and more detailed coverage, was actually less than what we are currently paying for Progressive, and Cincinnati accepted my R1T as "new", even though I took delivery in August 2022. I'm not saying this will be for everyone, but I highly recommend you reach out to the Rivian Insurance team at [email protected] .

Sorry for the long rant. I just thought my experience might help someone here.
Yea, I actually reached out to insurance support back on Friday. Their initial response was pretty fast. I got a call within an hour. Since then, nothing. I've been trying to contact both Nationwide and Rivian I've just met radio silence. So I'm just a little concerned.

OP
OP
Sgt Beavis

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

Nationwide is trying to give me a payout of $78810. Yea, hell no.

Acoustic71

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Project Manager
Nationwide is trying to give me a payout of $78810. Yea, hell no.
Sounds like ACV, and that is exactly why I kept pushing for answers. Have you tried calling Rivian Insurance at the (888) 748-4268 number. That's how I got connected via phone to Jay.

What are your next steps?

OP
OP
Sgt Beavis

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

Sounds like ACV, and that is exactly why I kept pushing for answers. Have you tried calling Rivian Insurance at the (888) 748-4268 number. That's how I got connected via phone to Jay.

What are your next steps?
well the appraisal is too low IMO. They based it on a price of $74000. My truck was 79000. So I’m going to at least push them to move that up.

They really should stop calling it ‘New Car Replacement’ coverage. Should be, ehhh well give you a few more bucks coverage.

Anyways, looks like I’ll be shopping for a used R1T. Hopefully I can get that done this weekend.

Acoustic71

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Project Manager
well the appraisal is too low IMO. They based it on a price of $74000. My truck was 79000. So I’m going to at least push them to move that up.

They really should stop calling it ‘New Car Replacement’ coverage. Should be, ehhh well give you a few more bucks coverage.

Anyways, looks like I’ll be shopping for a used R1T. Hopefully I can get that done this weekend.
I hear ya. So roughly 7% over what they considered "cost". Man that sucks. Using that formula, if you get them to $79000, you should get ~ $84135. At least you would be closer.
Sponsored