invernite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Honday Odyssey
Occupation
Clicking refresh in the R1 Shop
Clubs

I've never seen the rear view of the R1S. Are those jumpseats folded down from the sides, where the third row seats would go? They look sorta small.

I can see why people love this SUV. Lots of options for storage & configurations.
No, those are the ocean coast arm rests. They stand out more and look like seats because of the contrast with the dark surrounding.
Sponsored

NathanM

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2013 4Runner
Clubs

Thanks to the OP for the tip on frunk storage. For those R1T owners out there, I have this and love it for the gear tunnel. It lays pretty flat and has handles on both sides, so no matter which side of the vehicle you access the gear tunnel from, it's easy to reach in and slide the storage bag out. Plus, it acts like sort of like the gear shuttle because you can pack suitcases or luggage on top of it and use the bag as a bit of a slide for accessing the luggage easier.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Auto-Drive-Backseat-Truck-Under-Bench-Organizer-Black/241285953

Rivian R1T R1S My frunk storage solution: Trunk Commanders IMG_4817
Rivian R1T R1S My frunk storage solution: Trunk Commanders IMG_4818
Rivian R1T R1S My frunk storage solution: Trunk Commanders IMG_4819
Rivian R1T R1S My frunk storage solution: Trunk Commanders IMG_4820

Last edited:
OP
OP
JeepersAlley

JeepersAlley

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Tesla Mod 3, 23 Ford Lightning, 23 Rivian R1S
Occupation
Semi Retired
I've never seen the rear view of the R1S. Are those jumpseats folded down from the sides, where the third row seats would go? They look sorta small.

I can see why people love this SUV. Lots of options for storage & configurations.
Hi, the second row seats can be collapsed from 2 different places. From the second row using the usual type lever along the bottom, or from the buttons on the driver side wall near the rear hatch. The button method I guess would be considered a powered, down function. There is no power up. You can see buttons in my last pic.
The third row seats are collapsed manually by lifting a lever on the shoulders, which is the same way wether itā€™s used from inside the truck, or from the rear hatch area. No power function on third row.
Regarding space in the third row. It is ample space for the ā€œaverage adultā€. The second row seats can slide forward if there is more leg room needed. Iā€™m 6-2, and I think itā€™s acceptable for sure, considering this is not a ā€œfullā€ size suv, it uses all the spaces well. Lastly, the space behind the third row when they are in up position, is very surprisingly ample as well. Hope this helps.

NathanM

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2013 4Runner
Clubs

Can one of these fit into the lower section of the frunk?
No, not very well. I mean, it's a soft-sided bag so it could be stuffed down there, but going off of dimensions, as if the storage bag were mostly full, it is too long/wide) for the lower part of the frunk.

Sponsored

RexRemus

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S
Clubs

No, not very well. I mean, it's a soft-sided bag so it could be stuffed down there, but going off of dimensions, as if the storage bag were mostly full, it is too long/wide) for the lower part of the frunk.
Dang, was looking for a good solution to organizing the lower space. Still these look great

pdq

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S Quad, Tesla Y, BMW 330ix
Occupation
IT
What is that tie down bar in your trunk net? I've never seen that before, but looks handy!

tragicmonkey049

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S Adventure; 2019 Toyo Prius
Occupation
Curmudgeon
Dang, was looking for a good solution to organizing the lower space. Still these look great
Two Sterilite 6-quart bins fit very nicely sideways in the lower space. I nest a 3rd empty bin underneath one of them. When I go to wash up, all my cleaning lotions and potions plus microfiber cloths fit in the two bins and when I take everything out and unstack the bins, I have my 3 buckets for washing. Plus, if my big bottle of PPF shampoo leaks (and it probably will, because it has to lie sideways in the bin and the flip-top lid feels a bit sketch to me šŸ˜’), the plastic box will prevent the goo from getting all over the frunk tub liner. :like:

Rivian R1T R1S My frunk storage solution: Trunk Commanders 1701848296752

Next: where to stow the stepladder for washing the roof???

Robin

First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bicycle
Occupation
Waitress
Hello all, my very first forum original post here, thatā€™s not a comment on others. Anyway, I found what I think is a really good frunk storage option for the Rivianā€™s.

I have a R1S and loving it. Been trying out all types of bins etc to wrangle things inside the frunk. I bought these very durable, rigid walled canvas totes. They have solid support all the way around, top and bottom. Thick rope handles that are configurable for different carry styles. Adjustable divides inside for managing compartments. Best of all, two of them fit side by side, with full usability after opening the zipper-able lid. They also maximize the full usable height space within the frunk when hood is closed. Lastly, they still allow for some access to the storage underneath that shelf they sit on.

Oh! And they are made by Duluth Trading post, called Trunk Commander. I would wait for one of there online sales (happening all the time, & can get them at 30% off if patient ) to buy them as they are a little pricey, but as I mention above, really well made.

IMG_3395.jpeg

IMG_3396.jpeg

IMG_3397.jpeg

IMG_3398.jpeg

IMG_3399.jpeg
Awesome šŸ˜Ž

OP
OP
JeepersAlley

JeepersAlley

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Tesla Mod 3, 23 Ford Lightning, 23 Rivian R1S
Occupation
Semi Retired
Hi all, was just reminded that I forgot to post pics of the same grey Duluth bags in the R1T gear tunnel. Someone had asked that question early in this thread but didnā€™t have access to one until I had a loaner. The Duluth bags fit great in the GTunnel, and the truck bed. Also have a vid showing how nice they work with the pass through door in the back seat. Hope itā€™s helpful.

Rivian R1T R1S My frunk storage solution: Trunk Commanders IMG_4043

Rivian R1T R1S My frunk storage solution: Trunk Commanders IMG_4042

SSteveEV

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, etc
Clubs

Hi all, was just reminded that I forgot to post pics of the same grey Duluth bags in the R1T gear tunnel. Someone had asked that question early in this thread but didnā€™t have access to one until I had a loaner. The Duluth bags fit great in the GTunnel, and the truck bed. Also have a vid showing how nice they work with the pass through door in the back seat. Hope itā€™s helpful.

IMG_4042.jpeg
Thanks for also showing them with the handles looped, I was stupidly confused what the ring of rope around the outside was for in the first photos. šŸ˜µ
Sponsored