Sponsored

uthatch

First Name
Uri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X Plaid, Model Y, Bronco - sold for R1T
I finally got a chance to take some pics today of my R1T. The truck is Midnight and I had it matte PPF's. I also had the headlights and taillights smoked; I wanted those to be lighter than they are, but I'm getting used to it. Light ceramic tint on the front windows too. I purposely left the mirrors glossy PPF to tie them to the roof and the gloss black 20" wheels the truck came with. I need to figure out how to do a light smoke on the mirror lights.

Then today I took the 20's off and put 21's on because I have 2 decently long trips coming up in the next month so I wanted the efficiency. I have there aero covers but I haven't decided if I'm going to put them on or not. I didn't want the bright polished edges on the 21's so I did the T-Wrap matte black wheel kit. I had previously done the Brainexploder decals on all of the badged in matte gray...I'm not sure what I'm going to do with those in the future, probably gloss black but I'm not sure yet.

Anyway, if anyone is wondering what a matte Midnight Rivian looks like (I know I'm far from the first to do so), here ya go!

Rivian R1T R1S My Matte PPF Midnight Black R1T 🏁 IMG_0428

Rivian R1T R1S My Matte PPF Midnight Black R1T 🏁 IMG_0427

Rivian R1T R1S My Matte PPF Midnight Black R1T 🏁 IMG_0426

Rivian R1T R1S My Matte PPF Midnight Black R1T 🏁 IMG_0415

Rivian R1T R1S My Matte PPF Midnight Black R1T 🏁 IMG_0414

Rivian R1T R1S My Matte PPF Midnight Black R1T 🏁 IMG_0416
Sponsored

WakesUp

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
β€˜22 R1T, β€˜89 Landcruiser, β€˜16 X5, β€˜20 GL450
Occupation
In the field
Clubs

Looks fantastic! How did the Twrap matte kit install go? Much of a learning curve? How long did it take? Thinking about doing it on my 21’s.

OP
OP

uthatch

First Name
Uri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Looks fantastic! How did the Twrap matte kit install go? Much of a learning curve? How long did it take? Thinking about doing it on my 21’s.
Thanks!

The install went alright. It took about 4 hours, over an hour for the first wheel and a little under for the last 3. Yes, there was a learning curve, but by the last wheel I was moving pretty quickly. I had the wheels off the truck because I was switching from 20’s to 21’s…I would not do the project with them on the truck.

Cavalryscout18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
I finally got a chance to take some pics today of my R1T. The truck is Midnight and I had it matte PPF's. I also had the headlights and taillights smoked; I wanted those to be lighter than they are, but I'm getting used to it. Light ceramic tint on the front windows too. I purposely left the mirrors glossy PPF to tie them to the roof and the gloss black 20" wheels the truck came with. I need to figure out how to do a light smoke on the mirror lights.

Then today I took the 20's off and put 21's on because I have 2 decently long trips coming up in the next month so I wanted the efficiency. I have there aero covers but I haven't decided if I'm going to put them on or not. I didn't want the bright polished edges on the 21's so I did the T-Wrap matte black wheel kit. I had previously done the Brainexploder decals on all of the badged in matte gray...I'm not sure what I'm going to do with those in the future, probably gloss black but I'm not sure yet.

Anyway, if anyone is wondering what a matte Midnight Rivian looks like (I know I'm far from the first to do so), here ya go!

IMG_0428.jpeg

IMG_0427.jpeg

IMG_0426.jpeg

IMG_0415.jpeg

IMG_0414.jpeg

IMG_0416.jpeg
Killer.

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Very good looking truck. What’s the tint you got?

Sponsored

OP
OP

uthatch

First Name
Uri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Very good looking truck. What’s the tint you got?
Thanks. I knew that question was coming and I don't remember. It's 50% and it's ceramic, but I don't recall the brand.

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Thanks. I knew that question was coming and I don't remember. It's 50% and it's ceramic, but I don't recall the brand.
Nice. 50% is what I’m leaning toward too but the tint shop was pushing 35% to match the rears better. I just don’t wanna go too dark and get pulled over. Already risking it without a front plate!

OP
OP

uthatch

First Name
Uri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nice. 50% is what I’m leaning toward too but the tint shop was pushing 35% to match the rears better. I just don’t wanna go too dark and get pulled over. Already risking it without a front plate!
Yeah, it really annoys my when windows are too dark. Tint shops always want darker, but I always go light.

909phillyman

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian r1S
Occupation
IT
Clubs

IMG_0428.jpeg

IMG_0427.jpeg

IMG_0426.jpeg

IMG_0415.jpeg

IMG_0414.jpeg

IMG_0416.jpeg
Wow!!! Now THAT looks hella good!!! Great job on the mods/changes! Every time I see the 21s powder coated, it causes me to rethink my plan to powder coat my 22 brights when my R1S finally gets delivered. I also love the 20 darks, so you have the best of both worlds! I definitely plan on matte wrapping my Midnight R1S when it arrives as well, so your post definitely helps in visualizing how mine will look.

Also, I see you're in SoCal as well. What shop did you go to for the matte wrap, and do you mind sharing the cost? I'm considering a local shop here in the Inland Empire, and about two other shops in LA, so it would nice to have another option as well.

Again, great job with your updates, great lookin rig, and thanks for sharing!!!

Last edited:
OP
OP

uthatch

First Name
Uri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Wow!!! Now THAT looks hella good!!! Great job on the mods/changes! Every time I see the 21s powder coated, it causes me to rethink my plan to powder coat my 22 brights when my R1S finally gets delivered. I also love the 20 darks, so you have the best of both worlds! I definitely plan on matte wrapping my Midnight R1S when it arrives as well, so your post definitely helps in visualizing how mine will look.

Also, I see you're in SoCal as well. What shop did you go to for the matte wrap, and do you mind sharing the cost? I'm considering a local shop here in the Inland Empire, and about two other shops in LA, so it would nice to have another option as well.

Again, great job with your updates, great lookin rig, and thanks for sharing!!!
Thanks, glad you like it! Yeah, I had my regular detailer take care of it all. With tint, smoked lights, and PPF, I'm around $9k. Probably not the cheapest, but I know him well and I know if I have issues he'll take care of it no problem. He can handle pretty much anything vehicle related. One time a person sat in a brand new AMG GTR I had just bought with screwdriver and really marred the seat. They fixed it to where it was undetectable. I'm loyal, he does good work, so I'll stick with him. Mark at https://starrautoworks.com/. Tell him Uri sent you if you do contact him.

Sponsored

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
This looks great. The matte PPF looks best IMO on black and given how difficult black is to keep lookiny shiny and clean, its worth it here - very unique!

OP
OP

uthatch

First Name
Uri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This looks great. The matte PPF looks best IMO on black and given how difficult black is to keep lookiny shiny and clean, its worth it here - very unique!
Funny you mention keeping it clean. We've been getting a lot of rain out here in CA and I did not wash the truck prior to taking these pics. The matte definitely helps a ton in making it at least look clean!

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Funny you mention keeping it clean. We've been getting a lot of rain out here in CA and I did not wash the truck prior to taking these pics. The matte definitely helps a ton in making it at least look clean!
Ya with PPF and ceramic you shouldn't have to wash it much!

FooF

First Name
FooF
Threads
Reaction score
Website
foof.me
Vehicles
2022 R1S Launch Green
Occupation
DJ
Clubs

Get some quick detailer spray and microfiber towels for light cleaning. (Always wash off the big stuff first if you have heavy dirt and mud).

OP
OP

uthatch

First Name
Uri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ya with PPF and ceramic you shouldn't have to wash it much!
No ceramic, but regardless it definitely is easier to maintain than the original glossy black.
Sponsored