Why doesn't Rivian badge the Quad?

protamine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LG R1S, 992 GTS
Occupation
CT Surgery
I just got PPF on front, doors and tailgate. They debadged rather than cutting around. I’ve got to decide whether to clean up the old badges and apply new 2-sided tape, get new badges or stay debadged. Inclined to stay debadged. She had some pretty nice company in the shop!
88F1213D-371E-455A-A48F-072A18F8FE83.jpeg

I originally had a Rivian Blue / Ocean order but got anxious about the wait time. At the same time I had a 911 PTS allocation which got kicked back because they arent taking many/any PTS orders for 2023. The 911 was going to be Irish Green and the Rivian to be Blue. Well when the 911 Flipped I switched to shark blue (which the 911 in your picture is). I was curious how close RB and SB are so thank you for the picture.

I'd go back to badged. The vehicles are slab sided/backed enough, need some badging to break it up.
Sponsored

Rally1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, VS30, LR4, LR3

Franksmartin

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
Software
I prefer the minimalist design of the Rivians, too many badges would take away from that.

Riv_Ian

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Audi TTS, Triumph TR6, Tiger Explorer
Occupation
CEO
A friend of mine had a custom 911 on the ship that sank. When he asked what he could do about a replacement, they basically said “go to the back of the queue and start again” after he’d already waited about 9 months. He was less than impressed.

Sponsored

RBR1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S preorder holder; '14 JGC,'20 Subaru Crosstrek
I think you’ve managed to come up with a VIN-length identifier and make it convey less information than a VIN :CWL:

R1S, Quad Motor, perchance Large Battery Pack, probably 7-seater, 3 Row, K…. I give up
Pretty close, you're good.

R1S Quad Moter Pack, Large Battery Pack, 7 seater, 3 Row - Kick Ass Machine :CWL:

JamboF4

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma /. 335i Coupe
Occupation
Retired airline Captain
Most strongly disagree with the assertion about the “non-trivial” distinction..it is the height of trivial. NOBODY cares how many electric motors there are. Look how neatly my R1T badge went to the “train station”

Rivian R1T R1S Why doesn't Rivian badge the Quad? 7A13D80E-6FAF-45BB-85C1-72C105428DC5

Last edited:

JamboF4

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma /. 335i Coupe
Occupation
Retired airline Captain
Speaking of adding badges, has anyone removed both the R I V I A N and R1T/S from the tailgate? If so, is it easy to get rid of?

These badges are right there with those vanity plates that read something like "MY RIVN", or "RIVN JOE".... We all know what we drive, don't we??? I would never mistake any truck with a SUV or vise-versa.
Yep, a heat gun set on low, judiciously warming the impressive adhesive, slip some fishing line behind, floss those pieces right off (5) Then a touch of Goo Gone, wax and viola

Rivian R1T R1S Why doesn't Rivian badge the Quad? ED1C482C-8A95-4284-A8ED-D77F936012F1

Baymax

First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey, Hyundai Genesis
Occupation
Business Owner
Clubs

I'm going to change my badge to this: R1TQCYOCDAWI

R1T Quad Compass Yellow Ocean Coast Dark Ash Wood Interior