(vehicle indentification number)

Dennis Wick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Ridgeline
Occupation
engineer retired
Hello all, Last week i was assigned a guide and given my vin# by email. Mine is 13,4xx

Question 1...for the folks that just got pretty much the same info from Rivian, What's your vin number?
Question 2...Yesterday via UPS I received my Rivian wall charger. Did anyone else get theirs before delivery also?

I'm trying to conclude/estimate as to when my R1T truck was built. My guide said it's being shipped by rail now.
thanks, Dennis
Sponsored

John G.

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Retired
Hope this helps. I My wall charger was delivered about two weeks before I received my R1T which was delivered on 9/16. When I got the charger, I had not even completed the purchase of my vehicle and accessories yet. My Vin # is 13, 3xx. Sounds like your truck is well on it's way to you.

Your going to love it!

Last edited:

EVTrukHog

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Explorer, Corvette C6
I’m in mid 12K VIN and my truck was manufactured in 09/2022. I picked it up at factory on 09/30/2022… your VIN has to be a relative newborn.

LTD in CBTS

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, Tesla Model 3, Vespa 300, R1T
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

VIN 119xx. Finished production around 10/2. Left Normal 10/11. Still waiting for it here in San Diego.

JMAG

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Quad Limestone/OC; R1S LE/Launch Green/OC
Occupation
Executive
Clubs

My VIN is 13,0XX got the email on the 10th, and then crickets.... Reached out Friday by email and my Guide tells me she still knows nothing more than it left Normal on its way to Phoenix. So, your guess is as good as mine...

Sponsored

gramurai

First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ecodiesel Grand Cherokee, Chevy Spark Ev
Occupation
Just retired!!
Same as you Dennis: 13,8XX vin, got my wall charger last week, my truck is on the train from Normal, no eta except this from guide: "The vehicle is still in transit to the service center and should be arriving there within a couple of weeks."

JohnnyRocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Porsche 911 C4S, 2022 Rivian R1T
VIN 141xx assigned on 10/21
UPS tracking of charger shows delivery on 10/31
Have electrician hired for installation of the charger on 11/1
Scheduled R1T pickup at the SC on 11/2

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
The data plate on the door jamb will have year/month built.

JMAG

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Quad Limestone/OC; R1S LE/Launch Green/OC
Occupation
Executive
Clubs

For those in Phoenix, I think the TRAIN HAS COME IN!!!! I got "the call". They said the truck has arrived at the Service Center and I will be getting a call in a few days (up to 2 weeks!!) to schedule a pickup of the vehicle! SOOOOOOOOOO CLOSE!!

OP
OP
Dennis Wick

Dennis Wick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Ridgeline
Occupation
engineer retired
Had some xtra time Saturday so I installed my new Rivian charger. It was really easy.

The following is my opinion only... don't waste your money hiring an electrician to install. Just pay a small amount $ for an electrical permit from your county government. SO EASY!

Inspector comes to your house and checks your work, if okay...he signs and puts a stamp in your service box and you're good to go.

PLEASE NOTE: Only install this charger if you're comfortable working around electricity of which I am. Any reservations? Hire a qualified electrician.

Rivian R1T R1S (vehicle indentification number) IMG_5179.JPG

Last edited:

Sponsored

johstacy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
IT
My vin is 136xx and I just got my vin and guide last week. I was notified on Saturday that the charger was shipped and according to tracking information it will be here on Wednesday (tomorrow). With my first call with my Guide they said I would get my charger about a week before taking delivery of my truck. but according to what my guide told me I am 6 to 8 weeks out from getting my truck...

OP
OP
Dennis Wick

Dennis Wick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Ridgeline
Occupation
engineer retired
Yeah i think the 6-8 week quote is their basic answer. Same from my guide. I'm super excited however long it takes from here which I'm hoping is a couple weeks, who knows. Your VIN is so close to mine. Where are they shipping yours to? Mine is coming freight to Seattle.

johstacy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
IT
Yeah i think the 6-8 week quote is their basic answer. Same from my guide. I'm super excited however long it takes from here which I'm hoping is a couple weeks, who knows. Your VIN is so close to mine. Where are they shipping yours to? Mine is coming freight to Seattle.
I will be picking mine up probably in Bellevue.... so same neck of the woods I actually live up on Snoqualmie Pass. Sounds like I may get mine around the same time you are getting yours

OP
OP
Dennis Wick

Dennis Wick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Ridgeline
Occupation
engineer retired
I will be picking mine up probably in Bellevue.... so same neck of the woods I actually live up on Snoqualmie Pass. Sounds like I may get mine around the same time you are getting yours
Yep sounds like the same. My guide said from the train station in Seattle then somehow they have to get it to Bellevue for final inspection and schedule a delivery. I chose to have them truck it to my house here in Snohomish instead of driving there to get it. One of my sons works for Microsoft and he drives by the service center all the time. He's watching out for it.

OP
OP
Dennis Wick

Dennis Wick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Ridgeline
Occupation
engineer retired
Question...Is your guides name SAM? that's who is assigned to me, he's from southern calif.
Sponsored