RIVIAN CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total views
Shill2801
Citrinite
I thought the service center was rejected by the village council? Are they looking at it again?
bd5400
bd5400
@Citrinite they filed another attempt at the zoning change. Now, the goal is to have the zoning changed specifically for EV delivery and servicing, meaning if Rivian moves out the zoning wouldn’t allow for ICE servicing. That was the hang up last time, as the zoning change would have allowed other automotive uses I believe.
bd5400
bd5400
I might need to sneak away from work for this….
Citrinite
Hopefully it goes through this time. Otherwise I'd suggest Glendale :)
mrodriguez
Boy that SC needs to get going. I had mobile service scheduled today for the compact spare install and the cowl issue along with some other "recall" type item. Mobile service was a complete no show. No call either. Now I had a huge amount of guilt with how absurdly cold it is and the work was not dire, so I'm not really upset here. I do think it's odd to not have anything but silence and absence. I would think they have some kind of queuing system that someone is reviewing at the beginning of the day, during the day, or the end. I'm curious what the issue is when I call back. I didn't bother calling today, because like I said with the cold I wasn't going to make a fuss about something non-critical. Either way, that service center can't come soon enough.
Citrinite
I've been trying to find notes from the meeting online, but no luck. Any idea how it went?
bd5400
bd5400
@Citrinite my guess is that there aren’t notes because it was an informal gathering and no formal business was conducted.
Citrinite
R1 EVY
R1 EVY
I'm reading this 8 days later, but happy it's happening. I'm in Bayside so this will be amazing.
FN1186
what's the latest on this? i saw sometime last year the Village Board denied rezoning.. is it moving forward? are there any anticipated dates?
Shill2801
Shill2801
@FN1186 I haven't seen any updates from that meeting a few weeks back but it is still listed on Rivian's site as "In the works."
Hopefully that means that things are still progressing. https://rivian.com/experience/service
Shill2801
Shill2801
@FN1186 UPDATE! From a post on the Rivian Midwest Owners Group on Facebook.

“ For those near the Menomonee Falls, WI area.

If you can attend the Menomonee Falls Village Board meeting on Monday, February 5 at 6:30pm, you will be able to hear if the Rivian Service Center for WI gets approved. A regional manager from Rivian will be at the meeting.

May be a good chance for them to meet local owners. And, if a public comment portion is permitted, would be great to voice support for the need of a service center in Wisconsin. Once the official agenda is posted, I will send out the link as well.”
Reactions: bd5400
Citrinite
If I can make it I’ll be there
Shill2801
Shill2801
Reactions: R1 EVY
R1 EVY
R1 EVY
Here are the highlights (per ChatGPT4)

The document contains several mentions of Rivian, providing information about their operations, plans, and vehicles. Key points include:

1. Production and Deliveries: Rivian, based in Irvine, California, started manufacturing electric vehicles (EVs) in 2021. They have produced 82,584 vehicles in the U.S. and delivered 71,374 to customers. Rivian sells two models of pick-up trucks and SUVs to the general public and supplies commercial delivery vans to companies, including Amazon.com, which holds about a 17% stake in Rivian.

2. Service Center in Menomonee Falls, WI: Rivian plans to operate a service center at Menomonee Falls, WI. This center will service both consumer and commercial vehicles, including delivery vans used by Amazon.com.

3. Mission and Operations: Rivian's mission is to keep the world adventurous forever. Their operations involve producing all-electric adventure vehicles, offering a cleaner and quieter service experience with zero tailpipe emissions. Vehicles are pre-ordered online with a deposit.

4. Proposed Lease and Services Offered: Rivian intends to lease a portion of a property to operate this service center. The services at this location would include tire changing, wheel alignment, hardware replacement, windshield wiper fluid replacement, software updates, and pre-delivery inspections. They also plan to service Rivian Commercial Vans (RCVs), an electric delivery van model.

5. Job Creation and Investment: The Rivian center in Menomonee Falls is expected to create 35 full-time and 15 part-time jobs, representing a $1.6 million investment in new equipment and technology.

6. Community Engagement and Safety: Rivian is working with local emergency responders to ensure safety with their vehicles in emergency situations. They have published Emergency Response Guides for their vehicle models.

7. Battery Technology: Rivian's battery-electric vehicles are powered by lithium-ion cell battery systems, focusing on performance, energy, safety, charging, and durability. They have a Battery Management System (BMS) to monitor and enhance battery performance and safety.

8. Rezoning and Approval Process: The company has been seeking rezoning approval for the Menomonee Falls site to operate as an EV delivery and service center.

9. Local Impact and Future Plans: Rivian aims to be a valued member of the Menomonee Falls community, focusing on using the site as a service and delivery center for their electric vehicles. They have no plans to manufacture batteries at this location.