Sponsored

Colorado Checking In

Evan S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FG R1T Adventure Trim, Quad Motor, BM/Ash, 20"
Clubs

Rivian's official Instagram account just announced they will be kicking off mobile drive events for Denver preorder holders. Hopefully we get some updates on timing s00n.
Sponsored

Evan S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FG R1T Adventure Trim, Quad Motor, BM/Ash, 20"
Clubs

Rivian's official Instagram account just announced they will be kicking off mobile drive events for Denver preorder holders. Hopefully we get some updates on timing s00n.

Per CS, no firm date has been selected. Invitations will be limited and based on proximity to the event. They will not be allocated by order date or vehicle type (R1T v. R1S).

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
Per CS, no firm date has been selected. Invitations will be limited and based on proximity to the event. They will not be allocated by order date or vehicle type (R1T v. R1S).
It doesn't appear to be an "Event" like Normal and SF, but mobile drives only like NY.
Pro: No need to go anywhere, they come to you.
Con: You get to see only what they decide to bring with no color/trim comparison possible.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

That was the last straw. I got my order in a few minutes ago.
However, right after doing so, the post from Rivian was taken down on both Twitter and Instagram.

BTW, any Denver area people willing to share their drive if I don't get picked to do one? ;);)

Rivian R1T R1S Colorado Checking In Screen Shot 2021-10-19 at 1.50.45 PM

svet-am

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (Launch Edition Preorder)
Occupation
Embedded Systems Engineer
I am a little concerned about the test drive event only being 30 minutes. The place I'd want to drive it so I can open it up takes at least 15 minutes to get to in the first place. Otherwise it's just stop-and-go suburbia traffic.

Sponsored

opnwide

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S delivered 2/2023
I am a little concerned about the test drive event only being 30 minutes. The place I'd want to drive it so I can open it up takes at least 15 minutes to get to in the first place. Otherwise it's just stop-and-go suburbia traffic.
I don’t think they’ll allow you to drive it up the steps at Red Rocks anyhow! Lol!

svet-am

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I don’t think they’ll allow you to drive it up the steps at Red Rocks anyhow! Lol!
:) I am in the middle of Broomfield and I'd really like to get it out on 93 so I can open it up.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
:) I am in the middle of Broomfield and I'd really like to get it out on 93 so I can open it up.
Check with them when you schedule. I thought I heard you tell them where to meet them, does not have to be your house.

opnwide

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S delivered 2/2023
Check with them when you schedule. I thought I heard you tell them where to meet them, does not have to be your house.
Yes I watched one of the latest Rivian stories videos and the excited guy with pointy hair had them meet at the beach on Long Island for a sand drive. My plan is to test a drive from the Steel street service center to Coors Field without getting shot and then doing a Christmas parking lot duel for a space at Cherry Creek Mall.

kneebuster

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Hyundai Tucson Plug-in Hybrid
Occupation
Professor
What time of day do you drive 93 that you can open it up for any length of time (besided near where the cops hang out)?

Sponsored

svet-am

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
What time of day do you drive 93 that you can open it up for any length of time (besided near where the cops hang out)?
Sunday mornings are always clear for me.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

Especially when Karen, in her new Outback Wilderness” decides to occupy the passing lane while matching the speed of the car next to her.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

You got me thinking there. I think I’d come down 93 then go west on 72 up to Coal Creak. Then turn on Gap road up towards Tremont mountain. That’s a good dirt road.

I’d love to take one on the trail, but most trails are going to be covered in snow soon. PeeWink Mountain or Switzerland Pass may be the only things open soon.

svet-am

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
You got me thinking there. I think I’d come down 93 then go west on 72 up to Coal Creak. Then turn on Gap road up towards Tremont mountain. That’s a good dirt road.

I’d love to take one on the trail, but most trails are going to be covered in snow soon. PeeWink Mountain or Switzerland Pass may be the only things open soon.
Depending on where you start you can go up 72 to Eden Rd and then down toward Camp Granite Lake it turns into a great straight stretch of dirt road.

svet-am

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I just talked to my wife about 20 mins ago and she told me she saw an R1T turn from 144th onto southbound Huron. She tried for tell color but in the twilight she said it was one of LG/El Cap/Limestone. She said the plates looked like New York but could have been the Illinois MFR ones.
Sponsored