Sponsored

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Do we know what kind of offices they are putting in Austin? That is, what roles or departments would be housed there? I had a conversation with a recruiter that fizzled out when I said I couldn't relocate out of Austin, having just moved back last year.
No idea other than service & delivery ops. Definitely didn't see any canned pasta chef roles, @IronChefBoyardee .
Sponsored

Chewy734

First Name
Ashu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW, Ford, Rivian
Clubs

This is wonderful news. Should only be a mile or two from our new home! Looking forward to my R1S early next year.

tx_rivian

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
What color is the truck? Silver?
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian's El Segundo Location (Office Pics) 1627489212031-

Sponsored

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(

Revo

First Name
Revo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Occupation
Captain
Is it me or does the furniture look like it came from Ikea?
I like the clean look.
Good job Rivian ?

Revo

First Name
Revo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Occupation
Captain

GPowers

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus ES350, Corvette Z06, Colorado, Smart
Occupation
I do what I want
Can someone please share the address of the El Segundo facility? And is it open yet?'thank you
This information should have been included in the very first post. Today computer generated 3D renderings can look so real it is hard to tell if the place is actually finished, up and running or just a concept drawing.

pavl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Blue R1T
Occupation
Space
Clubs

I work in El Segundo and I've seen a few R1Ts driving around here, I should follow one of them home at some point.

Sponsored

linkwpc

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 2016 CMax, 2001 Saleen, 2002 GS300
Clubs

I hope you can buy some Rivian stuff like shirts and hats their once place gets set up.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla XLR+2019, Lexus, Landcruiser, R1T
Occupation
EE Retired
The thing we always liked about living in El Segundo was that you could tell which way the wind was blowing without even having to get out of bed in the morning according as to whether it stank of JP4 (from LAX), sewage (from the Hyperion plant) or chemicals (from the big refinery down on Rosecrans).

eggpaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Volt, 2021 Acura TLX
Occupation
Business Owner
The thing we always liked about living in El Segundo was that you could tell which way the wind was blowing without even having to get out of bed in the morning according as to whether it stank of JP4 (from LAX), sewage (from the Hyperion plant) or chemicals (from the big refinery down on Rosecrans).
Yes, perfect place for a Rivian service center right? Maybe 7 months ago I emailed Rivian a few nice locations in Pasadena on Colorado Blvd (close to Bentley service, Symes Landrover, Rusnak Volvo). They said they would share it with their team. I guess they want to see if their vehicles are bullet proof in El Segundo?

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
I hope you can buy some Rivian stuff like shirts and hats their once place gets set up.
I hope I get a shirt or hat with the truck. Don’t need to pay to advertise for them. Already giving them more money than I spent on my first house ?

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

I hope I get a shirt or hat with the truck. Don’t need to pay to advertise for them. Already giving them more money than I spent on my first house ?
Yeah, that dawned on me as well when remembering my 3 bed, 2 bath, 1,400 s.f. split entry home in Idaho, with a true 2-car garage. That set me back a whopping $52,500 in 1986, although the Rivian handles way better and has a much nicer kitchen!
Sponsored