OP

uthatch

First Name
Uri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X Plaid, Model Y, Bronco - sold for R1T
Very interested to hear your experience with the two trucks and how they compare.
Well, don't sit by the computer! I think it's going to be some time...
Sponsored

OP
OP

uthatch

First Name
Uri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Got it..... Just always wondered why folks got rid of cars so quickly..... I keep them for a long time.... Thanks for indulging me....
I am vehicle curious. Always have been my entire life. Not just high end stuff...I once traded in a G550 4x4 Squared for a used B-Class Mercedes. I'm just always curious.

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021+ Tesla MS Plaid, R1T Adventure
Occupation
Retired
No!!!! LOL, maybe I was too soon...I just found out they're replacing my passenger side front drive unit. It was making a strange baseball card in spokes type of sound.
Nah, a one off. These are tried and true Bosch units, not a brand new untested Enduro DU! 🤣

OP
OP

uthatch

First Name
Uri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nah, a one off. These are tried and true Bosch units, not a brand new untested Enduro DU! 🤣
Yeah, I'm really not stressed about it. I'm supposed to get it back next week. The truck drove perfectly fine, it just made an odd noise at lower speeds. So if that noise goes away, I'm happy.

And they think my wind noise was coming from a misaligned passenger side windshield wiper. Which just may be because when I did your recommended taping, I heard no difference. I guess I'll see next week.

Interesting, the drive unit is coming from Kentucky.

Sponsored

Lizardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self
Clubs

I put an R1S reservation in last November (wish I had done it in Nov 21....)

Unsure if I'll take delivery. Don't need the extra range as of yet, but curious on dual motor config, etc. SUV likely works better with family, though have invested a bit into the truck already (tinting, ppf, running boards).

Would rather turn the R1S into an R2 reservation (once get to see them)

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
Looks good with black running boards!

9B9DE9D6-1D6B-44CF-9C8C-D5B860978A7A.jpeg
7F5845AC-F8D8-436F-8111-7851A4993D8C.jpeg
I had a Silver Tesla so I didn't want another Silver Car but I've always thought that the R1T looks so good in Silver. I think if I ordered another one I might get it in Silver.

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I had a Silver Tesla so I didn't want another Silver Car but I've always thought that the R1T looks so good in Silver. I think if I ordered another one I might get it in Silver.
It is identical e to Subaru Ice Silver - a bluish tint to it.

Lizardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self
Clubs

Have the Silver R1T now and just doesn't vibe with me much. Wish I had kept it selected as El Cap or Rivian Blue

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It is identical e to Subaru Ice Silver - a bluish tint to it.
I saw one on the road the other day right at twilight and it looked great. I'm happy with my launch green, but I see a ton of them on the road. I thought I'd see more Silvers because it's usually popular and it was cheaper, but it's actually rare around here.

Sponsored

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Have the Silver R1T now and just doesn't vibe with me much. Wish I had kept it selected as El Cap or Rivian Blue
Rivian Blue is a unique color. I almost switched to it after my test drive was in Blue, but when I saw Launch Green in person I had to stick with it.

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I saw one on the road the other day right at twilight and it looked great. I'm happy with my launch green, but I see a ton of them on the road. I thought I'd see more Silvers because it's usually popular and it was cheaper, but it's actually rare around here.
Rare here as well! I tried my hardest to talk @uthatch into one with my battle cry, “Welcome one, welcome all” to the LA Silver family, but nooooooooo…. 🤣

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I was a FG all they way buyer, until I saw how dark it was under gloomy Seattle skies…. Silver also stays looks clean longer. YMMV.

Lizardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self
Clubs

Rivian Blue is a unique color. I almost switched to it after my test drive was in Blue, but when I saw Launch Green in person I had to stick with it.
I would have done launch green if given the option. I like it a lot more than forrest green (though it looks better in person).

Around me I see mostly while R1Ts (saw one on way home from airport tonight with 22" bright rims)

Drove past a blue R1T(DaveA on here) and one in El Cap awhile back. Neighbor has the midnight black R1T with 22" black sport rims.

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I was a FG all they way buyer, until I saw how dark it was under gloomy Seattle skies…. Silver also stays looks clean longer. YMMV.
Yeah I have LG and that's even dark at night, but it's still my favorite. It does look dirty all the time and I remember the best thing about my Silver Model S was the it looked clean most of the time even when it wasn't.
Sponsored