Real Rivian Photos & Videos

TXKidd

First Name
Harrison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, R1T pre-order
FYI - I admin helped me append a little more video.... for simplicity I am adding the link here again.... and now I have to stop responding for a bit and enjoy lunch with my daughter! ?. She thinks we’re acting like kids in a candy store.... she’s not wrong....

Looked like the Rivian member may have been explaining the door handles at about ~1:13. Did you catch any of that? I just want to know why they're hardly ever sitting flush on all of these prototypes (other than being prototypes ?).

Edit: Just listened again and sounds like the guy asks if they stay out all the time, but he answers with "No, this one is unlocked" (?)
Sponsored

Last edited:

bajadahl

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus LX470
Occupation
IT
Looked like the Rivian member may have been explaining the door handles at about ~1:13. Did you catch any of that? I just want to know why they're hardly ever sitting flush on all of these prototypes (other than being prototypes ?).

Edit: Just listened again and sounds like the guy asks if they stay out all the time, but he answers with "No, this one is unlocked" (?)
I am writing up my thoughts on the day that includes the answer to this question and other things. Will post a new thread soon.

Rivian-WI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC60
Clubs

Anyone notice that squeaking when the frunk was closing? Hopefully won’t be on the production units.
I noticed the sound too. Was it a squeak or an audible warning that it is about to snap down?

bajadahl

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus LX470
Occupation
IT
I noticed the sound too. Was it a squeak or an audible warning that it is about to snap down?

I can confirm that sound did not come from the truck... It came from behind me because it kind of startled me. A trash truck was also moving behind me an I thought it might have been that or as someone else stated a bird. It was not the truck. We opened and closed the frunk many times over the course of the hour or two that I was there and it never made a noise.

Rivian-WI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC60
Clubs

I can confirm that sound did not come from the truck... It came from behind me because it kind of startled me. A trash truck was also moving behind me an I thought it might have been that or as someone else stated a bird. It was not the truck. We opened and closed the frunk many times over the course of the hour or two that I was there and it never made a noise.
"WE"? Was your daughter in command of the remote?

Sponsored

bajadahl

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus LX470
Occupation
IT

bajadahl

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus LX470
Occupation
IT
Can you ask how the door handles work? Also, if the charging light indicator on the front is still planned? Thanks!
Door Handles answered in another thread basically out if unlocked/in if locked and I have to assume you get to choose when the doors lock automatically... in drive or after a certain speed etc.... They made a point to tell me about the charging indicator still being there..... he pointed it out as a feature before he realized I knew a lot more about the truck than most people who walk up.

stxgadgetgirl

First Name
Molly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus GX460 and Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Clinical System Analyst
Hey everyone, that sound was a Great Tailed Grackle. "Great-tailed Grackles make an impressive array of sounds, ranging from sweet, tinkling notes to what one biologist described as “calls so loud they were best heard at a distance.” Other descriptions include “rusty gate hinge” and “machinery badly in need of lubrication. quoted from allaboutbirds.org. :CWL::CWL:

Last edited:

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6 FE, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Self-Employed: Real Estate Management
Hey everyone, that sound was a Great Tailed Grackle. "Great-tailed Grackles make an impressive array of sounds, ranging from sweet, tinkling notes to what one biologist described as “calls so loud they were best heard at a distance.” Other descriptions include “rusty gate hinge” and “machinery badly in need of lubrication. quoted from allaboutbirds.org. :CWL::CWL:
You have got to be kidding me. LOL, that is hilarious. I mean what are the odds?

Sponsored

Mjhirsch78

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey became an R1T: MAGIC!
Occupation
Teacher
Your knowledge of birds is timely and brought back memories of my grandpa who was an avid birder. Thank you for that moment of fond reflection. ?

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
Your knowledge of birds is timely and brought back memories of my grandpa who was an avid birder. Thank you for that moment of fond reflection. ?
For me it brought back memories of The Flintstones!

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Here's hoping that charging door gets aligned on production vehicles! Haven't seen an image of it with good gaps yet.
They'll get it sorted. Harder to tell with the wrap but even zoomed in I think the charge door alignment is looking pretty good on this R1S.

bajadahl

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus LX470
Occupation
IT
Alan,

You’re a good Dad! Way to go, getting your daughter excited about Rivian as well! (Just between us, is her excitement helping to lobby her Mom? If so, genius move!)

Thanks again for all the great videos, pics, and answers to all the questions thrown your way! I sure appreciate you! ??
Not to brag or anything but she's a great kid ..errr.... young lady... ok... I'll go ahead and brag..... lol. she's a freshman at The University of Texas and actually asked me to go out to lunch with her today after she found out I took the day off to go in search of the Rivian. Her dorm room is only 5-6 blocks from the Capitol. Gotta say it feels pretty good when my kids want to hang out with me even for a few hours when she could've just stayed "busy" with her college friends. Of course it could be that she just didn't want to eat cafeteria food today..... :oops: And yes she is very much helping convince momma that dad needs the R1S.
Sponsored