Sponsored

Lobstahz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Tesla Model 3, Audi A4
Yea, agreed. I'm not really that concerned, as noted there are plenty of reasons for him to be sitting closer than "normal". I've seen the Shaq video too, which was the first thing I thought of actually. "I know Shaq fits in this thing, why is he sitting this way?"

On a different note, that nav on the center screen really caught my eye. That looks pretttty nice ?
Sponsored

acacia328

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Ram Limited, 2010 Ford F-150 Platinum, Honda Odyssey Touring Elite
I don’t see any Homelink buttons in that overhead console - do we know if Homelink will be included in the Rivians, or will they take the Tesla route and make you purchase that after delivery?
I had asked about this awhile back and got the more to come later response. I am hopeful that is another question that can be officially answered very soon. I can’t imagine something that common would not be included at this point but you never know.

Lobstahz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Tesla Model 3, Audi A4
RJ has been on a roll on Twitter lately.

R1S pic on 1/27
Finished R1S on 1/29
Testing with his family on 1/31
Amazon something on 2/3
Rebelle Rally vid on 2/4
Offroad testing on 2/10
More offroad testing on 2/13
Abbey Road on 2/17
Delivery video on 2/19
Drift mode on 2/21

Some of these were retweets of the main Rivian account, but still, nice to see some signs of life every few days for the last three weeks.
I too have noticed that RJ/Rivian have gotten a lot more active over the past month. Seems to be on a reasonably steady cadence and of usually the same format of teaser-esk content. Perhaps this is part of building the excitement in advance of deliveries in a few months?

Personally, if that is their objective, it's working on me. I'm enjoying these glimpses and cannot wait to find out more!

Mysta

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Polestar 2, Miata ND2 RF
Nav looks like it’s in topographic mode

damonator5000

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
I don’t see any Homelink buttons in that overhead console - do we know if Homelink will be included in the Rivians, or will they take the Tesla route and make you purchase that after delivery?
For the Tesla Model 3, homelink is triggered from the screen. I’d expect the same here.

Sponsored

kyunam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 LS 400, 2023 Rivian R1S
Occupation
not sure what I'm doing
Clubs

Is this a new interior option (black mountain interior with ocean coast headliner) ?

I DO like it though.

Last edited:

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Is this a new interior option (black mountain interior with ocean coast headliner) ?

I DO like it though.
I think it is Explore interior.

Jsidell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T
I'm confused... Is this a new interior option (black mountain interior with ocean coast headliner) ?

I DO like it though.
Nope, unfortunately nothing new. It’s the Explore Edition package interior with the black seats and the light headliner comes regardless of seat color.

U100

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
For the Tesla Model 3, homelink is triggered from the screen. I’d expect the same here.
It is if you pay the $300 to have the module installed by a Tesla service center after you take delivery - it’s not included in the Model 3 or Y; I don’t know about their other models.

kyunam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 LS 400, 2023 Rivian R1S
Occupation
not sure what I'm doing
Clubs

Nope, unfortunately nothing new. It’s the Explore Edition package interior with the black seats and the light headliner comes regardless of seat color.
Ah... I see.
I didn't see it in my LE + Adventure Pkg.

Hmm... it's gonna be a long night to re-think over.

Sponsored

jimcgov3

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Jacksonville, Florida // Satellite Beach, FL
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model S 75, Rivian R1T Owner
Clubs

It is if you pay the $300 to have the module installed by a Tesla service center after you take delivery - it’s not included in the Model 3 or Y; I don’t know about their other models.
It’s included in the S and X and it’s part on the MCU. If you could zoom in without distorting the image, I’m sure there’sa bunch of other details on that screen that would answer 15 more questions. HomeLink, LTE, music, etc...

R1S Maineiac

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Volvo CX90 Recharge PHEV
Occupation
Medically retired 8/27/21
His knees definitely look tight, but I'm withholding judgement without knowing what is behind his seat. Potentially an engineer with a laptop, since they're tweaking traction control software?

From my own experience when driving "spiritedly" either in Drift Mode or at the Drag Strip, I tend to sit a little closer, rather than my leaning back "cruise mode".

R1S Maineiac

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Volvo CX90 Recharge PHEV
Occupation
Medically retired 8/27/21
Included on 2020 X.